• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Beginning of the End For the Redskins?

Can you kick that high? If so can you teach my grandmother's Pilates class?

If one was telling d!&k jokes, one might say that a high kick wasn't required because said joke -eller has only has 6 inches......of ground clearance. But I didnt say that.

Nothing is being prohibited. What's happening is that the Redskins are asking the government to endorse and protect their use of a racial slur, which is against policy. The government is deciding they no longer want to do that. The Redskins are still perfectly allowed to use that name, nobody is forcing them otherwise, nobody is censoring them. They simply will no longer have assistance from the government, in the form of trademark enforcement and taxpayer resources diverted to the protection of their use of a racial slur.

In short, your offended whining about freedoms makes you look like an idiot who understands nothing going on around them.

thank  you for telling.me what i already know. What is happening, and I'm  still offended by the overly sentive people that make up the vocal part of society.  Your can paint it however you want to. Thanks for playing.

if george marshall hated native americans, why did he name his team after them? makes you think

Well he definitely didn't care much for black people.

Below is the type of bigotry that the Redskins name originates from. Would you like to keep defending it?

"We'll start signing Negroes," Washington Redskins owner George Preston Marshall once quipped, "when the Harlem Globetrotters start signing whites."

In 1961, the Redskins were the only team in professional football without a black player. In fact, in the 25-year history of the franchise, no black had ever played for George Marshall. Sam Lacy, the gifted black sportswriter for the Baltimore Afro-American, called the Redskins football's "lone wolf in lily-whiteism." Their owner was "the one operator in the whole structure of major-league sports who has openly flouted his distaste for tan athletes."

wow an old 20th century white dude didn't like black people. Keep hitting me with those hard hitting revelations

He wasn't just some old white dude. He was one of many white men in positions of power and wealth in that era who were vehemently opposed to civil rights.

Maybe instead of making quips and diminishing that, you could do a little research of your own on the matter before wondering aloud how a man like that who would use a racial slur to name his professional football team could possibly be racist. The fact that "Redskins" was even acceptable back then, and could still possibly exist today in the year 2015, speaks to the flawed archaic mindset that still resonates with some of our population.

Archived