• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Don't expect Stewart...

ProfessorPeppers

All I know is that I've had a strained achilles and it hurt like hell for about four months. The last two months I could walk and do light exercise but felt like my foot was going to fall off if I tried to run or go up stairs. I may be a puss that can't handle pain but I did manage to paint the exterior of a house a week before I had back surgery. That was rather intense.

I have trouble believing that whole story about how Stewart injured the achilles because he had surgery on his toe last year. It didn't seem to bother him last season and was never mentioned untill the OTAs started this year.

Its the Panthers, do you seriously think anyone would honestly say his condition if it were bad before we play the Eagles? I think not.

I agree 100%.

No way they show their hand on that.

Don't have injury reports in preseason anyway, why give anything up voluntarily?

I think some of the peeps on this thread are being a little too harsh. I don't think the OP warranted that reaction.

i just don't put a lot of credibility into people who come in here and say "i have a friend who heard something but i can't say exactly what it was, who it was, or how they know but something is going to happen."

how niaeve would people have to be to take that at face value. discretion is a good thing. i appreciate coming in and trying to inform people if the info is legit but we have no reason to believe it is.

mr. scot had a thread about news he had heard last year while golfing with someone who supposedly was close to the organization. he decided to sit on it "just in case it wasn't credible". turns out that what he heard was complete bunk. good thing he did.

there have also been quite a few instances where people came in just sure they had credible sources saying that some big move or trade was coming and to be ready for it only to hear crickets.

i don't know if this guy knows what he's talking about. don't really care. i just don't see the sense in passing around 2nd and 3rd hand information and not being able to cite any sources....especially when there isn't any information around that can support it other than a lot of speculating.

the fact that the panthers are being quiet doesn't support one side of it any more than the other. fox keps his trap shut whether it helps or not.he doesn't believe that anyone outside of the organization should be privy to much of anything within it. that's fine, it's his way of doing things.

if it turns out to be true, that's fine. there is a chance that it is. i just don't like buying things that people are selling who don't have any credibility and/or won't cite his sources.

I see your POV Rayzor. I guess I should say it depends on who posts it.

This guy has never struck me as some WTFBBQ type poster in the past. It isn't like he signed up just to post some crap like we have seen other posters do. Those people are teh lollerskates. I have seen CB Dellinger questioned/ridiculed on here in the past and that guy is gold and never ever BSes if he says he heard something.

that all probably read worse than it was intended.

it was also written with a headache.

i don't know the OP to be anything more or less than credible. i'm just skeptical of people posting things that can't be corroborated. there is enough panic in this here disco without someone coming in and spouting off something about smoke in the building that he heard someone talking about who may or may not have actually seen anything.

to the OP, if your source actually knows what they are talking about (which i hope isn't the case) then cool. we might listen to you in the future. if not...people get new user IDs in here all the time. make it a good one.

Awww come on rayzor...don't you wanna have a reason to pull out the "Cutler thread response" pics again? lol
i have a new one in mind for the next wave of annoying threads. i'm waiting for after the season starts, though.

it's gonna melt some eyeballs. :lol:

More importantly, it doesn't really matter. The Panthers are playing next Sunday with or without Stewart, and Stewart's ability to play has nothing to do with any rumors or their credibility. Insider information can be interesting and a great was to feel good about yourself, which is why ESPN gets people to pay money to be the first to know everything. But we all find out the real truth eventually. We will all know Stewart's situation is with 100% certainty in one week. Further, we will all be rooting for the home team whether he's playing or not.

Archived