• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Visiting camp at Wofford/Spartanburg - just ask

Panthers_Lover

I'm happy to be a resource for anyone visiting training camp at Wofford ... questions about the opening party, campus, parking, etc. and about Spartanburg (restaurants, hotels, etc.).

Happy to help in any way I can. If I don't know the answer, I'll do my best to find out for you.

Just ask away here or email me at [email protected].

Look forward to having all of you on our campus!

Some "food" for thought ...

The world-famous Beacon Drive-In is one of those legendary places that visitors seem to already know when they arrive. Offering their famous Southern sweet tea, hash aplenty plates, Pig’s Dinner massive ice cream bowls, and much more, it’s often the first stop once fans venture away from camp. The restaurant is just a short drive from Wofford, and the experience is one to be remembered. The Beacon has been featured on Guy Fieri’s “Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives” on the Food Network. Go to www.beacondrivein.com.

Closer to camp – within a short driving distance or even walking distance for the hearty – is downtown Spartanburg’s Morgan Square, featuring Wild Wing Café, Delaney’s Irish Pub, Thai cuisine at the Lime Leaf, sandwiches at Groucho’s, great gourmet sandwiches and more at Cribb’s Kitchen, Italian fare at Renato’s (which recently moved to Morgan Square), Asian at Monsoon Noodle House and pizza at Wild Ace. You’ll also find Carriage House Wines, Miyako sushi bar and RJ Rockers Brewery and Main Street Pub.

Other restaurants and bars in the downtown area, offering a variety of menus, include Boots’ & Sonny’s Drive-In (famous for its hot dogs with chili), Krispy Kreme (doughnuts), Ike’s Korner Grille (great greasy burgers and handcut fries) the Nu-Way (good greasy burgers and more), Papa’s Breakfast Nook, Peddler Steak House, Ricky’s Drive-In (more hot dogs), Sugar and Spice Drive-In (don’t forget the baklava), Mellow Mushroom and Venus Pie pizza.

Across Pine Street from camp are McDonald's, Basil's Grill, Hardee's and Long John Silver's. At the bottom of Twitty Street, of course, is Starbucks.

And, Jeremy will steer you to the Pizza Inn!

Some "food" for thought ...

The world-famous Beacon Drive-In is one of those legendary places that visitors seem to already know when they arrive. Offering their famous Southern sweet tea, hash aplenty plates, Pig’s Dinner massive ice cream bowls, and much more, it’s often the first stop once fans venture away from camp. The restaurant is just a short drive from Wofford, and the experience is one to be remembered. The Beacon has been featured on Guy Fieri’s “Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives” on the Food Network. Go to www.beacondrivein.com.

Closer to camp – within a short driving distance or even walking distance for the hearty – is downtown Spartanburg’s Morgan Square, featuring Wild Wing Café, Delaney’s Irish Pub, Thai cuisine at the Lime Leaf, sandwiches at Groucho’s, great gourmet sandwiches and more at Cribb’s Kitchen, Italian fare at Renato’s (which recently moved to Morgan Square), Asian at Monsoon Noodle House and pizza at Wild Ace. You’ll also find Carriage House Wines, Miyako sushi bar and RJ Rockers Brewery and Main Street Pub.

Other restaurants and bars in the downtown area, offering a variety of menus, include Boots’ & Sonny’s Drive-In (famous for its hot dogs with chili), Krispy Kreme (doughnuts), Ike’s Korner Grille (great greasy burgers and handcut fries) the Nu-Way (good greasy burgers and more), Papa’s Breakfast Nook, Peddler Steak House, Ricky’s Drive-In (more hot dogs), Sugar and Spice Drive-In (don’t forget the baklava), Mellow Mushroom and Venus Pie pizza.

Across Pine Street from camp are McDonald's, Basil's Grill, Hardee's and Long John Silver's. At the bottom of Twitty Street, of course, is Starbucks.

And, Jeremy will steer you to the Pizza Inn!

So....you're saying that Pizza Inn would be your top choice?

Best places to poop where I won't sweat to death. Prefer two-ply, A/C, fluorescent lighting, fan, multiple handicap stalls, a seat that is shaped like a horseshoe, paper towels, free wifi, and a door that opens outwardly so I can kick it open without having to touch it with my hands. Thanks in advance.

Best places to poop where I won't sweat to death. Prefer two-ply, A/C, fluorescent lighting, fan, multiple handicap stalls, a seat that is shaped like a horseshoe, paper towels, and a door that opens outwardly so I can kick it open without having to touch it with my hands. Thanks in advance.

Don't forget depends and wet wipes after The Beacon aplenty.

Best places to poop where I won't sweat to death. Prefer two-ply, A/C, fluorescent lighting, fan, multiple handicap stalls, a seat that is shaped like a horseshoe, paper towels, free wifi, and a door that opens outwardly so I can kick it open without having to touch it with my hands. Thanks in advance.

I figured you would submit this email form. Cant let everyone know your honey holes. 

Archived