• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Just an observation from my camp experience today

UpstatePanther

Cam Newton seemed visibly frustrated at times. I couldnt tell what for. He didnt seem injured. He didnt direct it at anyone. He seemed to be getting adequate time to throw, though i did notice that his receivers were having a hard time getting open. 

Jeremy, or anyone else who attended practice today, could you shed some light on this? is it just Cam's competitive nature?

Considering all the hits he took last year. I can't blame him. You've got to protect your QB no matter who is behind center, or you aren't going to win many games. Which we saw firsthand last year while our QB was getting pummeled into the ground while we were getting blown out.

I'm glad he is being vocal, all our players need to expect the best from one another. If you can't trust your teammate to do his job, it affects yours.

Our franchise as a whole needs to up it's standards, mediocre is not acceptable. We are slowly changing that, but we've still got more to do.

we gave most of the vets a day off.  Without your pro bowl center and Chandler at RT it was gonna be spotty.

It's like the 4th day of training camp....why? Remember they use to do 2 a days with Fox and they get the 4th TC day off (with 1 practice a day). It shows why we are 5-11 in rons first 4 games each year.

That sounds good. I heard everybody including the waterboy was getting past Oher.

im no expert at dissecting football plays in real time. too many large moving bodies. my eyes are generally just drawn to the football. so forgive me if i miss an offensive lineman getting beat. 

besides, Jeremy said in his observation thread that Oher did better today so cool your jets homie haha

It's like the 4th day of training camp....why? Remember they use to do 2 a days with Fox and they get the 4th TC day off (with 1 practice a day). It shows why we are 5-11 in rons first 4 games each year.

Perhaps they want to protect against injury with 109 heat index?

Perhaps they want to give reps to players they're trying to evaluate? (i.e. it's pretty crucial that they know whether Remmers can play Center if they're counting on him as backup!)

I don't have a huge problem with it if the vets who were given time off have been playing well.  Certainly TD, Stewart & Kalil have been..., Cotch too.  I forget who else had vet days today.

That's not Ron, That's the new CBA. They have rules against too many practices/padded practices, etc. It's league wide, not just here. 

Archived