• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Roster Projection Update

Jeremy Igo

So cut the guy that won us the playoff game vs keeping the guy that did everything he could to lose us the game? lol. Bersin will never see the field as a WR, he barely got in as a receiver with our Bad News Bears receiving corps last year and now we've added Ginn and Funchess. Plus he's an atrocious special teams player. I would hate to keep someone like him where we know exactly what were getting (which is nothing special) and have to cut someone like Ward or Byrd who could be diamonds in the rough 

• Pie 2

I love Fozzy. 

But he's not untouchable like many in this thread are insinuating. 

Todman can have a big role with the team,  which is why he was brought in. 

As much as I love Fozzy, I'm going to trust in the staff to make the right decision. 

If Stewart goes down,  Tolbert will be getting more touches than the bottom half of our RB depth. 

All Bersin does is catch the ball, and contribute to special teams. That isn't good enough is many fans eyes, which is why I'm glad they aren't making the decisions.

Edited by pantherclaw

All Bersin does is catch the ball, and contribute to special teams. That isn't good enough is many fans eyes, which is why I'm glad they are making the decisions.

Catching the ball is a wasted skill if you can't get open (See: Avant, Jason) much less even get on the field on offense. Other than fair catching punts and trying to field a rolling football like a hockey goalie what exactly does he contribute on special teams? 

Catching the ball is a wasted skill if you can't get open (See: Avant, Jason) much less even get on the field on offense. Other than fair catching punts and trying to field a rolling football like a hockey goalie what exactly does he contribute on special teams? 

yet bersin is a favorite of Cam Newton. 

I like the people who tell me three players we will keep but don't tell me the three people they would scratch off the list. 

I read these post and i keep asking myself have any of you been to these practices? Because I see the UDFA Paul Browning as a player that will more than likely make this roster. This guy keeps showing improvement as a difficult match up. I will not be surprised if he steals the show. Browning breaks tackles looks very strong.

I feel that words from Dave Gentleman are in order.  When he axed 89 after 2013, here is part of what he said :

“As I’ve stated many times, all decisions I make will be in the long-term best interest of the Carolina Panthers.  Decisions, either popular or unpopular, have to be made for the greater good and it is imperative to take an unemotional global view."

I would think that this would carry over to all personnel decisions. Popularity and favoritism are fine, but they're not necessarily going to ensure a player a roster spot. 

Edited by top dawg
  • Pie 1

I read these post and i keep asking myself have any of you been to these practices? Because I see the UDFA Paul Browning as a player that will more than likely make this roster. This guy keeps showing improvement as a difficult match up. I will not be surprised if he steals the show. Browning breaks tackles looks very strong.

You signed up, posted 4 times, and all about Paul Browning. 

What I am trying to say is.....

Welcome to the Huddle, Paul!

• Pie 4

/\ /\ /\

Does seem like more than a coincidence...

I guess that he could really be impressed by Paul Browning.  Gonna have to straight ball out though. Sincerely, good luck! Turn some heads!

My general rule of thumb is a player needs to at least take one second string snap in camp before I consider them for the regular roster. Not saying there is no chance he makes it, but he is going to need many more opportunities. And those are hard to come by so far down the depth chart. 

You signed up, posted 4 times, and all about Paul Browning. 

What I am trying to say is.....

Hidden Content

all I am saying is this. The guy gets brought in to training camp to do what? Why is he here? All time receiver at a young program (DII) and DII National champ was a potential draft pic before an injury. I was at the practice when arrived. Yes I am very surprised that the Panthers used a spot this late in camp to get a guy from such a small program. If you know anything about the skill positions you know that is a valued spot that teams do not waste time on just to take a look at this late in the process. When I did research on Browning I find that this guy is quietly raising a lot of eyebrows. All I am saying is don't be surprised.

all I am saying is this. The guy gets brought in to training camp to do what? Why is he here? All time receiver at a young program (DII) and DII National champ was a potential draft pic before an injury. I was at the practice when arrived. Yes I am very surprised that the Panthers used a spot this late in camp to get a guy from such a small program. If you know anything about the skill positions you know that is a valued spot that teams do not waste time on just to take a look at this late in the process. When I did research on Browning I find that this guy is quietly raising a lot of eyebrows. All I am saying is don't be surprised.

I am at camp every day and talk to all the media that matters every day. His name has never come up. 

Hey Paul since you're not seeing a lot of snaps in training camp just show out in these preseason games.  Good luck to you 

• Pie 1