• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Shaq Thompson getting some praise

Mark S

If you nnoticed in the No game Davis had problems keeping up with Nos scat backs.  Once Shaq was put in he dismantled that attack. I did not even realize TD was hurt because I thought it was a adjustment. 

Davis is not slow by any means but Luke and Shaq are athletic freaks.  Eventually it will be Shaq Luke and Bean on passing downs. 

It is sad, but true Thomas Davis has shown signs of age. All fall victim to father time, he's undefeated. TD did state 2 years and that's all folks. That seems right, cause his level of play will still be on the high side.

Shaq missed nearly all OTAs and parts of training camp, he's still learning.  Ron said you need around 5,000 reps for things to slow down. Shaq may not have 1,000 and once the game slows down that will be fun to watch given his ability to lay wood.

Shaq's ball hawking and closing-speed is phenominal. Once he takes his angle at a ball-carrier, that ball-carrier is not going to gain many YAC. 

Hes a bubble-screen buster, covers well and flies to ball carriers on the outside.

really helps Bene' to focus on receivers running out routes and will eventually allow Luke to stay less in coverage and more at the LOS. 

Great pick...anyone who thinks differently or has a player they thought we shoulda picked is going to be eating their shorts for the next 8-years or so.

He has a tendency to over pursue runners allowing them to cut back on him.  I know he will get that corrected as he plays more though.

What you are witnessing is not over pursuit. He is setting the edge and forcing the player to come at him for a tackle or be pushed into the DL, LB, and S coming down hill. The fact that he has the range and speed to beat the offensive player outside to set the edge is very impressive and shows discipline.

Archived