• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Let's talk about Tampa some...

Khyber53

Looks like we're taking it as a given that Tampa this Sunday will be a walkaway win. It's going to be anything but that.

Tampa is going to play us like their coach's career depends on it. Because, well, it's going to. And they're going to play us as tough as they can because we're a division rival. And there's a lot of bad blood between the teams.

This could be a text book trap game.

Let's talk it up some and not let it slip away. We've had to fight hard against three teams that might not be as good as Tampa right now. I think we're in for a dog fight this weekend; with a lot of folks injured and terrible practice conditions here in the Carolinas, we may have a hard time of it.

What say you?

Our d-line is going to take a very large dump on their o-line, Jameis will force passes to his top two receivers which will be locked down, their d-line will pretty well be shut down, and outside of Verner their secondary is trash.

Car - 24

TB - 10

Not a trap game at all.  It's the usual divisional game.  It will be a 60 minute dogfight.  We win the turnover battle, we should win the game.

I think thats a key thing that hasn't been mentioned enough about this 3-0 start.  We've done a great job protecting the ball, especially Cam.  As long as that continues we can hang with just about anyone but the first 3-4 TO day we have we will almost certainly lose as we aren't good enough right now to overcome that kind of carelessness.

Division games are tough no matter what, and after last week's squeaker, I think the Panthers will be ready to go.  Having said that, I do think the Bucs will bring it too, but I like the way this team responds to adversity.  We also need Shula to keep calling a decent game.  He's pleasantly surprised me a few times the last couple weeks.

I know. It almost seems like the Panthers fanbase is overlooking Tampa.

Hardly any threads about our matchup this week.

Yep, we've been talking about everything but this game. Hopefully the team is taking it more seriously.

It has been a big week, but it's time to let the Saints game go into the history books. Welcome aboard Jared, speedy recovery to CJ (and be careful about restaurant investments, many a pro has been ruined by opening their own restaurant), pay Josh, yadda yadda.

Now, how is our offense going to stack up to the Bucs' defense?

Archived