• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

THE UNDERRATED PANTHERS

juliosantos

jj You got me!  I'm a Carolina fan on a Carolina message board, you Atlanta fans are amazing.  Have nothing better to do than show up here with a new account after sucking for two straight years because you've somehow managed to start 4-0 this season and argue the meaning of "four regular season games ago".  Then protest the catalyst of that record to be your "new" team.  Take Ryan and Julio off your new team and tell me where you are, this is silly.

Taking the most important players off a team is not the way you measure success? I mean there really isn't any point in talking to.someone with that logic. Take every important person off a team and what do you have?? Damn I really cant waste any more time talking to am idiot. Not.worth time

Taking the most important players off a team is not the way you measure success? I mean there really isn't any point in talking to.someone with that logic. Take every important person off a team and what do you have?? Damn I really cant waste any more time talking to am idiot. Not.worth time

Hahahaha, thank you for making my point.  The important players on your team are not new, nor is the sewage that spills from Atlanta fans that pop up every third year when their carnival of a team manages to win a few games before losing every game that matters.  I'll say it again, Ryan can't win a game that matters, Julio can't beat Norman.  I do like the "am idiot" though, obvious grammar mistakes leading an intelligence insult are very chuckle worthy!

Just listened to ESPN's Russillo & Kanell and they went through a list of QBs to see if they could do as good as Russell Wilson in that offense. They mentioned Geno Smith, Tannehill, Kap, Brady, Rogers, Alex Smith etc. but no mention of Cam. As is typical he wasn't even on their radar. Sux for Cam he is in Carolina, if he cares about the media noticing him. 

No matter what we do even if we won the superbowl 75 to nothing the media will make excuses on why we have won. i was listening  to espn radio and they were talking about some ranking of the 4 and 0 teams and the ranking had the panthers only winning 3 more games for the rest of the season while they have atl winning out . People want to say who did we play ? but in reality who did atl play? they keep saying how much better the falcons are than us and thats the furthest thing from the truth .

The number one thing they bring up is "THE PANTHERS HAVE NO RECEIVERS" tedd ginn is prob one of the most underrated receivers in the nfl when hes been a panther hes got the same amount of tds as aj green and no one says the bengals receivers suck . i do agree we need more talent but thats no excuse to write us off and project us with 7 wins .

myth # 2 THE PANTHERS OLINE SUCKS  thats a huge misconception our oline is 10x better now then it was a year ago , imo our oline is the reason why cam has looked so good its the first time since 2011 that he actually has time in the pocket . while they keep saying how horrible our offense is the fail to forget our defense , we possibly have a top 3 defense in the nfl ! while they are sucking off the bills defense and the falcons dan quinn defense that still is average they forget we are without charles johnson and luke 2 of our best players .

This defense is incomplete as of now but down the stretch when cj is heathy and lukes heathy , if allen can get into groove and delaire keeps up performances like sunday our defense is scary and will shut any offense down . OH YEA AND NORMAN WILL LOCK JULIO ONCE AGAIN so dont ever say the failcons are better until we meet them in dec when riverboat ron is at his best .

rant over=]

THANK YOU for giving Ginn his props, he certainly isn't getting many anywhere else! I just saw a clip from His and Hers where they are saying that Cam has an argument for MVP BEcause he has to through to Ginn. WTF...the man is returning punts, catching passed, and throwing huge blocks (just ask Dickson!!) I understand that he's doubtful to ever be named a probowler, but he is working his ass off and making big plays when it counts! LOVE ME SOME GINN!

Our 'true' run game is #4 in the NFL.

I know you guys cant stand it... but Cam's yards count, no matter what you think.

Cam is a dual threat, and it is part of our game, it gives us an advantage, and we use it.

we need our rbs to do somework stewart has done nothing and our oline isnt helping him much either

THANK YOU for giving Ginn his props, he certainly isn't getting many anywhere else! I just saw a clip from His and Hers where they are saying that Cam has an argument for MVP BEcause he has to through to Ginn. WTF...the man is returning punts, catching passed, and throwing huge blocks (just ask Dickson!!) I understand that he's doubtful to ever be named a probowler, but he is working his ass off and making big plays when it counts! LOVE ME SOME GINN!

many forget but I still consider ginn a first rounder and he has played like one for the time he was a panther . Anlysts love to hype up revis but in 2013 he couldn't cover ginn

we need our rbs to do somework stewart has done nothing and our oline isnt helping him much either

I was just playing around at Sporting Charts, and discovered a few interesting things about our rushing game.

1) We have the most rushing attempts of any team in the league at 131 attempts.  So... that's bound to skew our perception of our running game.  With so many attempts, it's only reasonable that quite a high number won't be for large gains.

2) We're not doing badly at all in terms of stuffed % (6th best in the leage at 7.6% stuffed percentage), which is currently the 3rd best stuffed % in Panthers history.

3) We're 4th best in rushing offense at 132.3 rushing yards per game.

4) We're 3rd in terms of rushing first downs per game.

5) We lead the league with rushing big plays (10+ yards) at 19.

6) We ARE low in terms of rushing yards / attempt at 4.0 yards per attempt (ranked 19th). 

I was just playing around at Sporting Charts, and discovered a few interesting things about our rushing game.

1) We have the most rushing attempts of any team in the league at 131 attempts.  So... that's bound to skew our perception of our running game.  With so many attempts, it's only reasonable that quite a high number won't be for large gains.

2) We're not doing badly at all in terms of stuffed % (6th best in the leage at 7.6% stuffed percentage), which is currently the 3rd best stuffed % in Panthers history.

6) We ARE low in terms of rushing yards / attempt at 4.0 yards per attempt (ranked 19th). 

those stats make me feel alot better about our running game.  I had no clue we had that many attempts. You always find the crazy stats lol what site do you use?

those stats make me feel alot better about our running game.  I had no clue we had that many attempts. You always find the crazy stats lol what site do you use?

Sporting Charts is a site I've been using a lot - it gives rankings for teams & players for all sorts of unique & interesting stats, and it also has an instant graph feature where you can see the stat over time for a team.

Here's their team stats page:

http://www.sportingcharts.com/stats/nfl/team/

(scroll down and you'll find a big menu of stats you can explore).

Here's their Panthers page, where you can see the team's rankings at a glance, and some graphs for stats over the 21 years of our history.  (You can customize those graphs to show almost any stat they track - look in the "Add more stats" section below the left hand menu bar).

http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/teams/364/carolina-panthers/

Thought about our offense.

Cam has always and will always obscure our rushing stats. Him running for a big gain once a game is almost the norm. That pads it. If he continues to pick up 40-60 yards per game rushing, yeah, we'll look like a good running team. Fact is, we're an average running team right now. Our OL just can't open lanes (to which I fault play design, but oh well).

I've been so anti-Shula that it borders on the ridiculous. However, this season...something has changed. We seem more aggressive, and I love it. We also seem to be having more open receivers. I don't know if there are plays that have been tweaked to allow this, or just having more time in the system, but our offense actually looks respectable now. Not great, but serviceable enough to give us 21+ points per game, which is what you need to be able to win in the NFL. Shula still struggles some in situational playcalling, but I can live with it as long as it doesn't cripple us like it has in the past.

All in all, I'm pleased with our offense. We need receivers to be consistent and to make plays happen, but if we get that, we'll be fine.

I'll bet we're #1 at rushing against 8 and 9 in the box, too. that's going to hurt our yards/carry.

Archived