• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

THE UNDERRATED PANTHERS

juliosantos

No matter what we do even if we won the superbowl 75 to nothing the media will make excuses on why we have won. i was listening  to espn radio and they were talking about some ranking of the 4 and 0 teams and the ranking had the panthers only winning 3 more games for the rest of the season while they have atl winning out . People want to say who did we play ? but in reality who did atl play? they keep saying how much better the falcons are than us and thats the furthest thing from the truth .

The number one thing they bring up is "THE PANTHERS HAVE NO RECEIVERS" tedd ginn is prob one of the most underrated receivers in the nfl when hes been a panther hes got the same amount of tds as aj green and no one says the bengals receivers suck . i do agree we need more talent but thats no excuse to write us off and project us with 7 wins .

myth # 2 THE PANTHERS OLINE SUCKS  thats a huge misconception our oline is 10x better now then it was a year ago , imo our oline is the reason why cam has looked so good its the first time since 2011 that he actually has time in the pocket . while they keep saying how horrible our offense is the fail to forget our defense , we possibly have a top 3 defense in the nfl ! while they are sucking off the bills defense and the falcons dan quinn defense that still is average they forget we are without charles johnson and luke 2 of our best players .

This defense is incomplete as of now but down the stretch when cj is heathy and lukes heathy , if allen can get into groove and delaire keeps up performances like sunday our defense is scary and will shut any offense down . OH YEA AND NORMAN WILL LOCK JULIO ONCE AGAIN so dont ever say the failcons are better until we meet them in dec when riverboat ron is at his best . 

rant over=]

I tend to agree with you on everything but the Oline is good.  Our Oline is the beneficiary of Cam's better/quick decision making and Houdini escape acts as well as Shula's schemes.  That just accounts for sacks, but if you look at our run game . . . sheesh . . . 

No one is going to give us credit. And as the season progresses and our schedule gets tougher, especially the next 4 games, we're going to see how well our receivers can find separation and see what Shula can draw up to give us some opportunities against some better defenses. I have full confidence that we will win, but it is going to be griding four quarters and laying it all out there. And Lord, I hope the run game shows up

I tend to agree with you on everything but the Oline is good.  Our Oline is the beneficiary of Cam's better/quick decision making and Houdini escape acts as well as Shula's schemes.  That just accounts for sacks, but if you look at our run game . . . sheesh . . . 

We are currently #4 in rush yards through 4 games. 

SMDH!

We played these Falcons 4 regular season games ago!  It was in their dome, with the division and playoffs on the line, IT MATTERED!  Yes a few pieces have changed, they have a new HC, but this is the same core group of players that lined up against us in December.  We woodshed beat them 34-3, the superiority on that day was undeniable.  

So the Falcons are 4-0, we're 4-0 back to back division champs and the last time we played we spanked their ass in a game that mattered in their house.  Where exactly have they gotten better other than their record?

true run game is a problem but overall our pass pro is way better then last year 

Honestly, all the Underrated talk will be out the window and we'll be NFL darlings if we smack Seattle in the mouth, which is very possible after watching last night's game.

no doubt we should shut seattles offense down if lukes back and seattles oline is almost comparable to our oline last year so im expecting a big game for delaire 

By the way, Jim Rome went way out of his way to give Carolina props on his radio show.

To paraphrase: "There's a lot of negative stories in the NFL right now, but one positive thing no one is talking about: The Carolina Panthers. No one wants to give them any credit, but I think what they are doing is amazing. Cam Newton is throwing to guys named Philly Brown and Brenton Bersin. Josh Norman is killing it at DB. And when Carolina goes to Seattle and wins, the rest of the country will wake up and join the bandwagon. They are one of my favorite teams right now."

Thanks to Cam. Depending on your QB to beef up your running game is not the way to go.

Except....  Cam seems to thrive on it.

Running seems to energize him and I think he plays all-around better after he's had a good run or two.  I admit this is just an impression.  I've not done any research on it, but Cam seems to have a higher gear that he clicks into once he's fired up from running.

Archived