• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Disrespect Taken to New Level

TouchMeNot97

This is ProFootballTalk's pick for our game:

In an effort to spook Carolina quarterback Jake Delhomme into another six-turnover performance, the Eagles will be breaking out Cardinals uniforms in the locker room, Mean Machine-style.

Even if they were wearing leather helmets and wool jerseys, Philly would have the superior team.

Pick: Eagles 28, Panthers 16

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/32779492/?pg=8#spt_PFT_picks_09

I guess we have turned into the Lions in their eyes.

Apparently they are not taking into consideration the issues we have at MLB, the rookie starting safety, and the fact the we have an thrown together O-line that have never played together in a game and apparently will now be missing 2 starters with Shawn Andrews in shorts today during practice.

I think the Eagles will score but if the Eagles hold the Panthers to 16, it will because the Panthers didn't execute, not becuase we stopped them.

You've gotta be kidding. Would someone please start another disrespect thread? and dont stop until we have EVERY camera-man for ESPN's prediction. Hit up Fox to, id love to hear what Jillian Anderson has to. Her oppinion means alot to me

Its not the prediction that makes me angry, its the poo talking that goes along with it, like we are the f*cking Lions or Raiders.

I expect them to lose also. Doesn't mean I won't be watching and hoping.

Why? If the Eagles lose someone from the O-line or if Gaither goes down at MLB they will be pulling me from the stands to fill in. That is scary.

Don't be surprised if they sign 84 year old Jon Runyan back before the weekend and he is on the field Sunday....that is how bad it is right now. The Panthers are catching the Iggles at the perfect time.....of course the Panthers have a few issues of their own they are trying to work out also...

You know, if the last time I paid any real attention to the Panthers was in the last game they played, I would probably think they were headed for a crushing defeat too.

Until the team does something to erase the stench of the playoffs, then it deserves the derision that comes with it.

I am trying to figure out how they are so superior to us. I came up with the below list by trying to be as subjective as posible.

Quaterback - Advantage Eagles - McNabb is just plain better than Delhomme

Runningbacks - Advantage Panthers - Double Trouble is proven as the best combo, Westbrook is getting old and McCoy is unproven

Offensive Linemen - Advantage Panthers - We are returning the same line from last year and their line has not played a single game together including preseason

Wide Receivers - Advantage Panthers - Smith is the a top receiver and Moose almost had 1,000 yards last year, DeSean Jackson is good, Kevin Curtis is decent and Maclin is an unknown

Tight Ends - Push - King is reliable and Rosario and Barnidge have shown flashes, Celek made some big catches in the playoffs and Alex Smith stinks

Defensive Linemen - Advantage Eagles - We have Peppers but also major questions marks at DT, Eagles have a good rotation of almost 8 guys

Linebackers - Advatage Panthers - Beason and Davis are beasts, Jordan, Gaither and Gocong don't scare anyone

Cornerbacks - Advantage Eagles - Panthers have Gamble and Marshall and some unknowns, Eagles have Samuel, Brown and Hobbs

Safeties - Advantage Panthers - Harris can hit and Godfrey has gained experience, Mikell is solid but Macho Harris is a rookie

Kicker - Push - Both Akers and Kasay are reliable

Punter - Push - Baker and Rocca are about equal

Special Teams - Advantage Eagles - Panthers have questions marks when it comes to returners, Eagles have explosive Jackson, Demps and Maclin

From this list I only see that they are clearly better at QB, D-Line, CBs and Special Teams. But somehow they are clearly superior.

Archived