• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Walking Dead Season 6

JJman Returns

Queue "this show is so boring where's all the action?!?" Posts

I'm not one to complain about the "boring" scenes and I generally agree that it is annoying when people complain about that, but something got me tonight.  I don't know if it was the commercial breaks every five minutes or what but it seemed a little drawn out for me.  An hour and a half is a long time to set something up especially in the season premiere.  

I think it's saying something when a truck horn got me excited.

I'm not one to complain about the "boring" scenes and I generally agree that it is annoying when people complain about that, but something got me tonight.  I don't know if it was the commercial breaks every five minutes or what but it seemed a little drawn out for me.  An hour and a half is a long time to set something up especially in the season premiere.  

Hidden Content

Yea the ending was a little cheesy. An hour and a half of constant commercials, black and white "flashbacks", a seemingly random yet large mission for the group and Rick being a douchebag only to have it ended by a fuging truck horn. Seems like not much was accomplished with the plot imo. Still beats the hell outta season 4 though. Nothing compared to season 5.

Did they ever say where they were leading the herd to? 

I liked the b/w flashbacks vs live action. I think that was kind of cool. 

The whole quarry full of walkers that close to Alexandria and never being noticed was kind of a wtf though. They have been sending recruiters out and nobody ever stumbled across this?

I found it to be a little flat as well, but I think a lot of it was having to reestablish so many characters and what conflicts they had with who. The show tends to work better with a little smaller group that focuses on the interpersonal relationships and survival.

The effects team keeps getting better though....

I liked it.

The quarry thing was kind of meh because it was a little contrived. They could have just had the wolves herding the herd somewhere where the Alexandrians wouldn't find them so easily. I guess one could argue that maybe they hadn't explored that direction yet? Maybe they started out West, since that is where they were leading the herd to?

Anyway. I'm curious about the horn honking. Was it the wolves who decided to show up because of all the flares? Was it a malfunction in a vehicle near the community?

Either way, they are drawing a lot of unwanted attention to themselves. Kind of a bad plan on Rick's part with the herd. They should have just figured out a way to kill them at the quarry.

It'll be interesting to see how the Morgan/Rick/Michonne angle plays out.

Archived