• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Marvel/Fox Strike Deal

Growl

After the big announcement over Thor 3, it was also announced that Marvel will be doing a Phase 4 and would have a full slate of movies coming in 2020. It's also being being leaked as to what one of those movies may be.

Apparently, after the apparent disaster of the new Fantastic Four (still havent seen it) Fox has given up on the characters, and the rights to them are reverting back to Marvel.

This is great news for those of us who want to see the First Family Of Superheroes get their proper due with the organization who gets them.

In return, Fox gets the right from Marvel to make X-Men featured things in television now, which appear as if they will be a part of their overarching universe (admittedly not very excited about the two chosen shows)

More recently, we've also heard that Fox and Marvel have struck an unprecedented deal which will allow Fox to make two X-Men television series, Hellfire and Legion. Now, if you've been following the storied history of Marvel character rights, you'll know what a big deal this is, and that a considerable amount of behind-the-scenes bargaining must have taken place in order to make it happen.

Within the past few hours, we've been handed some information that may explain how Fox and Marvel arrived at that deal.

According to our source, Fox were given the TV rights for X-Men in exchange for Fantastic Four. The deal's been in the works for some time, we're told, and further, the timing of Marvel's recent announcement of its movie slate leading up to the year 2020 and the X-Men TV series is no coincidence.

You may remember that there are three, so-far untitled films on Marvel's schedule in five years' time. We're told that one of those films is a Fantastic Four movie.

http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/fantastic-four/37372/fantastic-four-back-at-marvel-movie-planned-for-2020

Marvel's Phase 4, which at first seemed a small bit as if it was going to be post Golden Age, is now poised to be possibly stronger than the first 3, with major titles like Spider-man and the Fantastic Four teaming up with stars like Benedict Cumberbatch, Paul Rudd, Vin Diesel, and more.

latest?cb=20150223230653

Oh, and arguably the best part about this isnt getting the FF but back, but the hordes of Marvel characters that went with them. Including Marvel's best villains which they havent had access to so far.

Silver Surfer, Galactus, the Skrulls..

Oh.. And this fella.

nvt3toowoheignvtss6k.png

Marvel is working very hard to establish the Superhero genre as a lasting entertainment genre for the general public, like Westerns, Science Fiction,murder mysteries and rom-coms. It's a smart move that will play out over TV and movies, but will also strengthen their print endeavors for a generation to come.

This is a big positive move for geeks like me who had to sit through the worries of the 80s and 90s that the comic book medium was dying with the seemingly unavoidable collapses of both Marvel and DC as publishers. I remember being angry that they sold out to the bigger conglomerates, but man, it has been just grand, hasn't it?

It'd be a good fit. Fantastic Four has always been pure popcorn fun and that's what Marvel does best.

Exactly what I was thinking but its also the very thing I am starting to get burned out on from Marvel..One of the reasons I love GotG so much becasue it was such a different look for Marvel.

Archived