• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ross Tucker and PFT raising ?'s about Luke's concussion

PntherPryd

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/10/15/how-big-of-a-concern-is-luke-kuechlys-concussion/#comment-4607088

Kuechly undoubtedly will be struck in the head again, many times. He’s an inside linebacker, after all. Given that he missed so many games with a concussion, offensive linemen will be trying to head butt him in the hopes of giving him another one. (Sure, we’re not supposed to talk about that after #BountyGate, but the motivation to knock opponents out of a given game is still there.)

Apart from the very real health considerations, the situation has potentially significant financial consequences. If Kuechly were to decide to no longer play, he’d have to refund nearly all of the $19 million signing bonus received under a contract signed days before he suffered the concussion. If, conversely, doctors were to decide that Kuechly should not play again, Kuechly would receive more than $34 million in money guaranteed fully and/or for injury only.

It's been a while since I've read a complete horse poo PFT article.

Thanks Mike.

don't watch the video.

From the sound of it they want to shut down all of football for fear of injury.

Florio is also the same guy that wanted Josh Norman punished for camp fight with Cam.

The NFL has actually done a terrific job lately with concussions IMO.

I'm obviously not a doctor but it's my understanding that it's not the repeated concussions that cause major brain problems in life, it's the repeated concussions in a very brief period. 

Take Luke. Years ago he would have been out there in the second half destroying his brain. Now, they sit him for a very long time so that his brain can recover from it. 

I know it took multiple lawsuits to get to this point but I feel like the new protocol can actually make a difference. 

Archived