• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ok here is why people don't respect the panthers

frash.exe

Small fan base as well, and we have two whole States.

I think we have more fans than is shown. Alot of the times the northerners who move down here buy up the tickets for their out of state teams. Then some of those same people use the game as a business transaction. Mostly its very expensive for a lot of the fans to get into these games if at all. I have been to very few games and I have lived in Charlotte all my life. Most of us lifers don't get preferential treatment when money talks most northerners win.

Who give a fat rats azz if the Panthers get "respect"? Is the team and fans supposed to have some inferiority complex and worry about being placed on a pedestal like some of the NFC East teams?

I for one could care less about about some talking heads jabbering out some verbage,just to make noise.

When the team has been in the league longer,and won several more championships,then we can expect more exposure,not that it will amount to a hill of beans,in the long run.

Old cliche, respect is earned.

Some of it a small market town, and unlike Green Bay, no history.

I think the Panthers have gotten a lot of respect over the years, preseason picks for the superbowl not that long ago....covers of SI as I recall.

Props from Deon Sanders and others on NFL Network for being NFC Super Bowl contenders this year.

The problem is, perception is everything with these pundits, and one too many times when it has counted, the Panthers have been some other teams highlight reel; too many big games where the Panthers looked like they didn't belong. A coach can only use the injury excuse and 'we picked a bad day to have a bad day' excuse. All teams have injuries...all of them.

I watched Tenn and the Steelers last night and thought, what is it like to have a team that has a defense like that...a defense that other teams fear. Only once did I feel that way about the Panthers, and that was when they beat the snot out of of the Cowboys in the 96 season playoffs. When Irvin and Sanders were carried off the field...when Lamar Lathon screamed into the camera 'do you know where Charlotte NC is now'.

That was a long time ago.

For all the bs about Fox being a defensive coach, and I don't want statistics quoted either, its been a long long time since this defense was feared....a very long time.

All that said, hopefully Fox's team will beat the Eagles Sunday, the Panthers will go 3-0, and 'respect' will return.

As for me, I'd just be happy with my team not constantly being ESPN's highlight for the other team.

As for me, I'd just be happy with my team not constantly being ESPN's highlight for the other team.

NO KIDDING! It's become a running joke with me and others on how all the bad "highlights" (i.e. "good" for the opposing team)have either their D or their O featured. It seems like it's been that way for like 4 years now.

I think the problem is that the fans have this delusion that we are one of the overall elite franchises in the league like the cowboys, steelers, packers, redskins, patriots....etc etc. No one is disrespecting the panthers. There are about 20 other teams in the NFL that ESPN never talks about either and I guarantee none of those fan bases whine as much about respect like our fans do. We havent been around long enough or done anything consistently to be considered elite. When or if that happens then people will talk about this team consistently as one of the elite. We havent even had back to back winning seasons yet. What do you expect? People are talking about the Falcons now because they went 11-5 under a rookie HC and QB. John Fox has been here 7 years and the team is still inconsistent and Jake is a 34 has been who was never more than average to begin with. Thats also why people never talk about the panthers as being elite. They've never had a franchise QB.

True. Almost a sense of entitlement by alot of the fanbase for some strange reason.

Who give a fat rats azz if the Panthers get "respect"?

WTH does this mean?

Is the team and fans supposed to have some inferiority complex and worry about being placed on a pedestal like some of the NFC East teams?

No but many do...the point of the OP.

I for one could care less about about some talking heads jabbering out some verbage,just to make noise.

You mean "couldn't" care less???

When the team has been in the league longer,and won several more championships,then we can expect more exposure,not that it will amount to a hill of beans,in the long run.

Several?? Did the Panthers win the first one yet??

It takes decades to earn respect....the Panthers and Jags were the last two teams to enter the NFL and before that were the Seahawks and Tampa Bay.

Teams like the Patriots, Packers, Bears Cowboys, and Steelers are iconic with deep roots and history and a passionate fanbase...it just takes time to become a household name and yes, having back to back winning seasons does help which hopefully starts this year. ;)

NO KIDDING! It's become a running joke with me and others on how all the bad "highlights" (i.e. "good" for the opposing team)have either their D or their O featured. It seems like it's been that way for like 4 years now.

Yes, the highlight reel, Panthers stumbling, bumbling, fumbling, and the other team scoring.

...and it even continued with NFC Playbook...and Sharpe introducing the Eagles / Panthers matchup by showing our 'highlights' and saying 'which team was the worst tackling team in preason?'.

No point in arguing with the truth.

I'm just sick of it.

One day, I guess Richardson, who idolizes the Steelers, will get sick of it too.

I think the problem is that the fans have this delusion that we are one of the overall elite franchises in the league like the cowboys, steelers, packers, redskins, patriots....etc etc. No one is disrespecting the panthers. There are about 20 other teams in the NFL that ESPN never talks about either and I guarantee none of those fan bases whine as much about respect like our fans do. We havent been around long enough or done anything consistently to be considered elite. When or if that happens then people will talk about this team consistently as one of the elite. We havent even had back to back winning seasons yet. What do you expect? People are talking about the Falcons now because they went 11-5 under a rookie HC and QB. John Fox has been here 7 years and the team is still inconsistent and Jake is a 34 has been who was never more than average to begin with. Thats also why people never talk about the panthers as being elite. They've never had a franchise QB.

Only 2 of the "elite" teams that you mention have more wins than the Panthers in the Fox era. The rest haven't been as consistent either winning as few as 5 games. The Steelers and Pats have better records in the Fox era but the Steelers had 1 year with only 6 wins which is less than Fox ever had. The Patys would never have compiled their record if they had a schedlue that wasn't loaded with the AFC East creampuffs for the last 10 years.

This is to Tank:

Oh great,just what the hell we need,another english critic.What's next, checking all the spelling on the forum?

Yes,i would call lasts years NFC South Title a championship,or do you Mr. Perfect, only consider winning the Super Bowl a championship?

On second thought,don't bother to respond,you probably need the time to correct everyones spelling and sentences.

Only 2 of the "elite" teams that you mention have more wins than the Panthers in the Fox era. The rest haven't been as consistent either winning as few as 5 games. The Steelers and Pats have better records in the Fox era but the Steelers had 1 year with only 6 wins which is less than Fox ever had. The Patys would never have compiled their record if they had a schedlue that wasn't loaded with the AFC East creampuffs for the last 10 years.

the media isn't going to respect the panthers more just because their losing seasons are among the "best" losing seasons.

when you get into consistency of a team, trying to decipher 7-9s from 5-11s and 6-10s is pretty much splitting atoms.

Also it took Cowher 7 seasons of prior coaching before he fielded a 6-10 football team, yet that was only after achieving a playoff berth in each of his first 6 seasons while going 7-9 after.

Give Fox enough seasons and we'll see him go 6-10 or less, and not because he's bad, only because it's pretty much happened to every other coach, even Coughlin, even Belichick (though early on in his career)

the media isn't going to respect the panthers more just because their losing seasons are among the "best" losing seasons.

when you get into consistency of a team, trying to decipher 7-9s from 5-11s and 6-10s is pretty much splitting atoms.

Also it took Cowher 7 seasons of prior coaching before he fielded a 6-10 football team, yet that was only after achieving a playoff berth in each of his first 6 seasons while going 7-9 after.

Give Fox enough seasons and we'll see him go 6-10 or less, and not because he's bad, only because it's pretty much happened to every other coach, even Coughlin, even Belichick (though early on in his career)

Law of averages?

What good is the season if it ain't a SB win?:rolleyes:

Archived