• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Steve Smith's son thinks we should make a trade for a certain WR before the deadline

RelaxImaPro

Half the reason this team is 5-0 is because Cam is spreading the ball around and not forcing things. Olsen's yardage thru 5 games are as follows: 11, 70, 134, 28, 131. I haven't heard a word about Olsen complaining about lack of targets. From interviews I've heard, Ginn just loves how together this locker room is. This is the most unselfish, ego free team I can remember in quite some time (mainly because Deangelo is gone). I don't want any wrenches thrown into that. Enjoy your retirement tour Smitty.

Chemistry. Should be a Madden attribute. Maybe then we could get some peace love and understanding. 

The man is averaging 102 YPG. That's 4th in the entire NFL for a WR with at least 20 catches. I would give up a player and a mid-round pick for that man in a heartbeat. We have a serious need at WR and a team with a legit chance at a postseason run. Not to mention he is the greatest Panther of all time. This should be a no-brainer for the Panthers. 

And honestly, it should be a real possibility given the current situation with the Ravens. 

bad day?

I'm currently leading a team of doctors to determine how a grown man, middle of the day, in a downpour of biblical proportions, sitting in a lawn chair can fall asleep next to a gear pump running at about 90 decibels and still not wake up until there's a couple thousand gallons on the ground.

Then there's the dumb ass coil tubing crew that decided to wait until they were in knee deep water and mud before throwing on tire chains. Only to discover none of them knew how to put on tire chains. It went like this:

"None of you put on tire chains?"

"No"

"Never thought to practice?"

"No"

"Before you lost your virginity, did you go for a dry run?"

"Yeah!" His enthusiasm scared me.

"You don't see how that's related do you?"

"No."

Smitty wouldn't come back at this point except to retire. He knows we moved on from him and he cemented his future in the hall of fame by playing for Baltimore and getting the publicity he never got in Carolina. Plus we already paid him something like 5 million of his salary in 2014. I doubt gettleman would have him back. 

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/10/21/if-steve-smith-is-still-retiring-ravens-should-trade-him-to-a-contender/

I hope the Panthers don't let this get away..if this is possible, go GET him!!..

Plenty of contenders need receivers, and the Packers would be a great fit for a savvy veteran who knows how to get open and how to inspire young players. Smith has shown an affinity for stepping up and performing on the postseason stage, and the Packers could use a kick in the butt when it’s time to play in the single-elimination format, given their struggles since 2010 to progress deep into the field.

With a prime-time game coming up against the Cardinals on Monday night, Smith could showcase his skills in a way that would prompt a contender to pick up the phone and make the Ravens an offer that, given Smith’s plans and the current predicament of the team, would be hard to refuse.

Archived