• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Pierre Thomas???

panthersphan

Okay so a trade is on the table for me...

I get:

Jay Cutler

Pierre Thomas

L. Coles

I trade:

Thomas Jones

J. Stewart (I have DeAngelo all ready)

Joe Flacco (or conditional drop)

I just don't know about Pierre Thomas...I love him as a fantasy player, but his injury is keeping him up in the air...

Thoughts?

Dont do that. Cutler is good but wont be as productive as last year when they literally HAD to throw it every play. Denver had 7 RB's on IR. Coles is only decent in a PPR league (not sure if urs is, but still thats iffy) and Thomas will be good eventually but prolly out or at least limited for a few weeks. Dont do it

Well there are two problems: 1.) Payton simplified the rushing attack during the offseason and it is now based on rushing behind our two masive guards, Jahri Evans and Carl Nicks. Most of these plays that will be run are simple up the gut runs, traps, isos, etc. That favors Mike Bell more than PT or Bush. 2.) PT's injury may cause him to lose ground to the other backs on the roster.

Well there are two problems: 1.) Payton simplified the rushing attack during the offseason and it is now based on rushing behind our two masive guards, Jahri Evans and Carl Nicks. Most of these plays that will be run are simple up the gut runs, traps, isos, etc. That favors Mike Bell more than PT or Bush. 2.) PT's injury may cause him to lose ground to the other backs on the roster.

F*CK!!!!!

I put a lot of stock into Thomas in a couple of leagues. I can only hope you are wrong.....

Okay so a trade is on the table for me...

I get:

Jay Cutler

Pierre Thomas

L. Coles

I trade:

Thomas Jones

J. Stewart (I have DeAngelo all ready)

Joe Flacco (or conditional drop)

I just don't know about Pierre Thomas...I love him as a fantasy player, but his injury is keeping him up in the air...

Thoughts?

The trade is probably worth it just for Cutler alone. Yeah, he won't get the yards he got last year, but he isn't chopped liver either. He can flat out air the ball out. Hester, Earl Bennett , Greg Olsen and Matt Forte, not to mention the speedster rookie, Johnny Knox, will provide plenty of opportunities for Cutler to air it out. He's still a top 10 QB. That being said, I have Flacco as my number 2 QB on one of my teams (and I think he is going to be a big FF surprise this year).

Pierre Thomas is a beast. Once he is healthy, he will get carries. I mean he is the number 1 on the depth chart. Mike Bell's situation in New Orleans is akin to Goodson's situation here. I wouldn't count on it in FF. The PT cruiser will be a PT Bruiser. Reggie Bush will be used as more of a situational back (virtual WR). Bush is not a between the tackles back, and PT took that roll---with authority---last year. With him and D-Will, you should have a very strong running game. Stewart will get his if he is on the field, but PT will just have more opportunities. Thomas Jones is in decline. He eill have to contend with Shonn Greene, who by all accounts has more than enough upside to steal the carries away.

Everyone is jocking Chris Henry, because he is the nice surprise flavor of the month, but Coles is solid, and is still the number 2 guy in Cincy, brought there for the very prupose of taking Housh's spot.

Man, you need to take this trade.

i took pierre thomas off my roster when he made the 65% comment about his leg and traded him for reggie bush and santana moss when he was still listed as probable... then turned newly acquired moss and mason into ocho cinco (weeks 15-17 should be big games for him) and ray rice (solid bench, possible starter given some matchups), i'm happy with the net result now - but it's likely i am mortgaging the future of the fantasy team for the now. hopefully bush will get some inflated numbers in his first 4 games since they have an easy start and still be healthy so i can package him and ray rice to move back up to a top tier starter to go with MJD because i really don't want to be carrying bush past week 6.

Okay, so here's the trade that went down...at first I was all for it...now (after I accepted) I'm having 2nd thoughts...

I traded:

Thomas Jones

Joe Flacco

I got:

Pierre Thomas

Jay Cutler

Here's my team (10 man league):

QB: Kurt Warner, Jay Cutler

RB: DeAngelo Williams, Brandon Jacobs, Pierre Thomas, Jonathan Stewart, Darren Sproles

WR: Greg Jennings, Santonio Holmes, Lee Evans, Lance Moore

TE: Greg Olsen

About to put Thomas on IR and pick up Bell from Saints...

Archived