• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

More and new NFL pass catch terminology...

Darth Biscuit

1 hour ago, Darth Biscuit said:

So now "firm control" is also a standard of a completed catch...

Related to the "situation" with the catch hitting the ground the other night, this one was Sunday in the Sea vs Dal game...  

Darren McFadden catches the ball from Cassell, takes two steps and loses it... it's ruled a fumble on the field, but overturned as an incomplete pass via replay review.

Today Blandino says McFadden didn't "have firm control" of the ball...

Who knows what a catch is?  Anyone?  Bueller?

Did Whalen have "firm control" of the pass Monday night Mr. Blandino?

dalcat.0.gif

catchno.0.gif

Maybe we should ask a lawyer to define what a catch is..........

ed-hochuli.png.9a70c61a976ac2e53e7a1ff29

'You have to be old enough to be considered a catch.'

1 hour ago, chknwing said:

I nearly cried when I saw a thread worth reading. thank you for this.  The NFL will have its hands full in the off season ironing this poo out.  Right now no one knows what a catch is anymore.  It's like they flip a coin on whether its a catch or not.

they do what they do in that commercial (state farm?) make some bs up that gives the team they want to win an adv

What if....stay with me here because I'm going to blow your fuging mind....there were never any incomplete passes unless they went out of bounds?   

Ex.  Any forward pass is completely fair game.  Unless it goes out of bounds.  It'll never happen but think about it.  A lateral is a temporary loss of possession so why shouldn't a forward pass be? 

I really think it's going to have to be completely concrete on what is a catch otherwise there will still be miscommunication and missed calls.  

2 hours ago, Darth Biscuit said:

So now "firm control" is also a standard of a completed catch...

Related to the "situation" with the catch hitting the ground the other night, this one was Sunday in the Sea vs Dal game...  

Darren McFadden catches the ball from Cassell, takes two steps and loses it... it's ruled a fumble on the field, but overturned as an incomplete pass via replay review.

Today Blandino says McFadden didn't "have firm control" of the ball...

Who knows what a catch is?  Anyone?  Bueller?

Did Whalen have "firm control" of the pass Monday night Mr. Blandino?

dalcat.0.gif

catchno.0.gif

DMC ruling reminds me of Vernon Davis "non catch, non fumble" ruling in 2013 in San Fran. 

See this is my theory as to why the refs continue to hose us. 50th Superb Owl demands a marquee matchup, the league wants to put its best product forward to really promote itself. In the leagues eyes this means a Pats v Packers Superb Owl and if a call or two go against dem Panthers along the way... Oh welp. This maybe exteme paranoia and hey, we #1 in the NFC so suck a dick league we gonna find you. Cause we raping everybody out here.

Archived