• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Pat Kirwan Breaks Down Panthers Blitz Against Packers

Bartin

25 minutes ago, Darth Biscuit said:

That's a great breakdown... Allen lost contain, but Star stepped to the outside and cut Rodgers off.

Lacy held Luke, but of course that wasn't called...  the coverage there was what really set up the sack.  Rodgers was a little frantic, but if someone had popped open, he may have hit them.

This week Mariota is probably a little more mobile than Rodgers so we really got to keep contain on him.

Maybe a little more mobile but nowhere near as deadly with his arm, either in the pocket or outside it. I'd bet that he will chuck an easy pick or two if we can get the same kind of pressure on him.

30 minutes ago, 2jakefansinva said:

Kirwan and RR discussed them both on the radio yesterday.

said it was awesome having their experience on the field.......

knowing where to be and not getting fooled.

That was probably the key to that play. If Roman and Peanut don't switch then Rodgers' first read which was Adams on a little in route is wide open and he throws that before our rush even has a chance. With the switch, Roman takes away Adams and Rodgers doesn't even have time to go to another read who was probably covered anyway. He has to go into evade the rush mode.

23 minutes ago, joemac said:

Rodgers footwork in the pocket to avoid our rushers was an absolute thing of beauty.  He is the only player on Cams level in regard to that....dude is just maddening to try and get to the ground.  I know it must piss off his opponents.  If it were anyone but Rodgers at QB for them on Sunday we would have had like 10 sacks....

Rodgers is one of the best NFL QB's without a doubt, but this is what he looks like to me in the pocket...

eurov-riverdance.gif

Archived