• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Fans Who Left At the Half

pamlicopanther

Why do Panthers fans do this? I am watching the game and when the second half started it seemed like half of the stadium was empty. Great way to show loyalty to your team.

It looks that way EVERY game of the year. People wait until the half to go get their food and go to the bathroom and can't make it back in 12 minutes. So yes, when you see the game after the half it will always look empty...always. Now...were there empty seats and the end of the third? Yes. Why? Fans left, and also that side of the stadium (the side you see on TV) gets direct sunlight the entire game. Sitting there in 90 degree heat during a blowout = suck.

But as you said, "when the second half started". Keep watching. You'll see this every game. People are still getting food and beer.

Do you really expect fans to back their team with heart when the team shows no heart itself? When the coaches are mediocre and the play calls are horrible? When a 2-3 year-since-he-was-overthehill qb is still in there for almost 3 quarters? I think the diehard fans gave it their all for the Arizona game, this one, was just too much.

I think it is a poor reflection of our "fans". On Thursday night a local college team was down 24-0 at half.....they managed to fight back and take the lead at one point. IMO fans stay.....casual fans leaves.

the same casual fans who pump hundred of dollars into craptastic play right?....

:rant:

I think it is a poor reflection of our "fans". On Thursday night a local college team was down 24-0 at half.....they managed to fight back and take the lead at one point. IMO fans stay.....casual fans leaves.

Yeah? Do they go down all the time cause of bad QB play and bad coaching and general lack of heart? Has their team kept the same over-the-hill QB for 3 years? Did their QB throw 5 int's in a playoff game last year after the fans went down to the stadium in the cold/rain to watch a blow out? The fans have EVERY right to leave.

If I know the coaching staff will make in game and half time adjustments, sure, I would stay.

But they don't. There was absolutely NOTHING different in looks on offense and def.

Every year there are 2-3 games where the team has a gameplan and if they are down,by God they are sticking to the gameplan.

Tell me what the Panther's did to offset the blitz?

I have asked this many times. When was the last time an opposing team calls a timeout because "he doesn't like what he sees"?

Like a bad poker player who smiles when he has Aces and frowns when he has off suit cards, the Panther's have so many tells on both sides of the ball it's scary.

You know why the Eagles were laughing during the game? Not because they were dominating but because they remember the coaches said to them at practice on Mon that that was all the work they needed to put into the film room. ONE DAY.

They were laughing because they could not believe the Panthers really did stick to their gameplan and didn't adjust. Some of the younger players thought it was too good to be true.

Carolina sports fans, except college basketball, are not known for being diehard and no amount of message board headshaking will change that. If things continue the way they have then the stands will become progressively emptier and retail sales lower. That is the truth of sports in the Carolinas.

ECU, NC State and App State might need to have a conversation with you..

Carolina sports fans, except college basketball, are not known for being diehard and no amount of message board headshaking will change that. If things continue the way they have then the stands will become progressively emptier and retail sales lower. That is the truth of sports in the Carolinas.

You are a true idiot.

Yeah? Do they go down all the time cause of bad QB play and bad coaching and general lack of heart? Has their team kept the same over-the-hill QB for 3 years? Did their QB throw 5 int's in a playoff game last year after the fans went down to the stadium in the cold/rain to watch a blow out? The fans have EVERY right to leave.

eh, you knew we had bad coaching and a bad QB before kickoff. You also knew about Jake's performance from last year....

I think lack of heart is thrown around too much. The overwhelming majority of the guys give it there all.......who showed a lack of heart today? Sucking a$$ doesn't mean guys are giving there all or not trying. I am willing to bet the Panthers are more pissed than the fans. Big fat game checks are nice.....but I think they care a tad more than people on this board suggest. Not enough IMO showed "lack of heart" to justify walking out. I am probably the biggest Fox hater here in reality....but if I am going to go to a game.....I wouldn't walk out at half. Jake is a bad QB but Carolina has elected to play him....that doesn't mean the team isn't trying b/c they are put in a huge hole b/c of him.

but if I am going to go to a game.....

You fail right there. You don't know what it's like to watch 5 turnovers by one person happen and your team do nothing. Sitting at home on the couch is one thing. Tailgating for hours then screaming your team on in person is another. I sat there in the rain and cold last year to watch the same thing and it was a horrible experience. Fans (hopefully) have had enough, maybe the front office will care (doubtful).

Once Jake threw his second interception, I knew how the game was gonna be, and how it would end. I knew. It's not all Jake's fault, but he sure as hell didn't help. Defense took a dump altogether, the Wides weren't getting open like they should have been, the OL fell apart almost every snap, causing pressure to be put directly on Jake. When pressure is put on Jake, he flusters easily. So he attempts to force the ball downfield, usually with a catastrophic(INT) effect, rather than making a souvenir out of it(THROW IT IN THE fugIN' STANDS!!!). Tackling was hardly better than in the Pre-Season. Corners and safeties weren't covering like they should have been. Special Teams were iffy. Deangelo is awesome(as usual), as is Moose. Smitty got triple teamed as usual. I'm scared for Jake. If he effs up again next weekend, it might be the end for him. Who knows, maybe the Football gods just weren't smiling upon us today. They often don't. This team will do what it always has: Pick itself up, and move on.

Remember, Atlanta next weekend. They're a whole different beast. Don't underestimate them.

Archived