• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Fans Who Left At the Half

pamlicopanther

You fail right there. You don't know what it's like to watch 5 turnovers by one person happen and your team do nothing. Sitting at home on the couch is one thing. Tailgating for hours then screaming your team on in person is another. I sat there in the rain and cold last year to watch the same thing and it was a horrible experience. Fans (hopefully) have had enough, maybe the front office will care (doubtful).

b/c I didn't go to the AZ game or the one today that means I don't know what it is like? Please....... I have gone and sat through plenty of a$$ kickings in my time. I have been there and done that and so have other fans. You fail right there for that reach of an assumption and reach of a lame point you tried to make.....

if you can't sit through and stomach the bad times....then don't bother coming back for the good times. You can either support a team or you can be selective when you support them. People who are selective imo are casual fans and don't meet my definition. You can have a different one if you wish.

I don't fault any fan who left early.

I stayed, and unfortunately will be burnt for the entire next week.

I didnt stay because of the way the team was playing but also I was turning into a lobster. Dont mind getting burned if the team is trying but what I saw didnt warrant me getting sunburned. Bad fan maybe but I paid for my tickets and reserve the right to leave when the team is paying like crap.

You see how many Eagles fans made the trip.. it's rather remarkable to see the difference in loyalty between the two clubs. I doubt you would see a fraction of Panthers' fans make a trip to Philly or any game really. I went to Atlanta once, four hours down the road, a fan of 'em showed up.

Heck, I know we're a new club and don't have a presence around the country but I hope that day comes. Aside from a few REALLY really annoying and rude Eagles' fan --- loyalty that strong is a beautiful thing.

I'm a Panthers fan myself and do what I can. I'm not perfect. I made the 5 hour trip from Richmond; going back during the Washington contest, rooting for my club. I also want players sat when they suck; even Eagles fans expect McNabb to win. When hd doesn't; they boo. McNabb doesn't hate him for it... that's football! haha There is nothing wrong with wanting the best for your team. Sorry if people confuse that with a lack of support. The fans see support when you make the 11 hour trip. haha

As far as loyalty, I sat through the whole game today... soaked in every minute of the crap because you hang out til the end, no matter what. I did say the same during the Arizona playoff game. It's what fans do. The Eagles lady behind me, really rude, did say that she never left an Eagles fan early even when they got their a**es kicked!

Fact is, this is just a new football town. I sat next to an older couple today, really sweet, but they showed no emotion & no passion. They left early, and could care less about being there. It's not a hard nose... live and breath football town. Not yet.

Like I said, Philly can be annoying but you see the wave of fans at the stadium --- singing the team song... that their fathers and grandfathers passed down. It's something to really sit back and admire. They could have lost. The fans would still make the trip next week. It's loyalty beyond belief. I hope we get there. Someday.

You fail right there. You don't know what it's like to watch 5 turnovers by one person happen and your team do nothing. Sitting at home on the couch is one thing. Tailgating for hours then screaming your team on in person is another. I sat there in the rain and cold last year to watch the same thing and it was a horrible experience. Fans (hopefully) have had enough, maybe the front office will care (doubtful).

I know what its like because I went to both games and stayed til the very end. Thats just the way it is around here. People arent loyal to their sports teams. Thats a culture that will never change.

Why do Panthers fans do this? I am watching the game and when the second half started it seemed like half of the stadium was empty. Great way to show loyalty to your team.

SHHHHhhhHhhhhhHh its a Carolina Secret.. not supposed to share!!!

PS.. I was there till it hit 00:00... very very very few times have i left prior to the end of the game but it is a trend that i may soon be breaking.

I think it helps if you think you have a team/coaching staff etc that respects their fans.. If i felt like there was serious effort to IMPROVE being made.. hey .. if this set of plays NEVER works .. hmmmm LETS CHANGE THEM.. .. Running on 2nd and 16 is uhmmm NOT USUALLY A GREAT IDEA..

MAYBE we could PASS ON FIRST DOWN at least every now and then.. instead of running 1st 2nd and HAVING to throw for 10 (or 15+ as it was today) on Third to try and get another 1st down.......

You will never see the bulk of the fans stay in the stadium in Charlotte until:

1. The team is worth staying the whole game for

2. The 'high class club seats' are owned by fans and not dished out to people who come solely to be seen..

3. The Panther fans buy all of the tickets.. and dont sell them to the other team :) And they show up.. and use them and stay.

Im guessing.. maybe 10-12 more years? :)

i left during the playoff game against the cardinals last year, it was the first time i ever left during a game and i've been to about 12-15 over the years. it was cold, raining and i was sitting next to a lot of cardinals fans.

i personally don't see anything wrong with leaving during a blowout. my problem is with people who get up during a close game to go get a head start on the bathroom our food lines and then don't return until like 5 minutes into the 3rd. that really makes our fan support look bad. i've seen people do this even when our team is in the redzone. so many people do it it really looks ugly on tv.

but people pay for their seats, as long as they aren't bothering me too much, they should do what they want to, most definitely.

Archived