• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Friday's Practice Tweets and Injury Report

Bartin

The practice horn blows and there's no sign of Philly Brown, who suffered a shoulder stinger yesterday

David NewtonESPN Staff Writer 

newton_david_m.jpg

No helmet for Panthers CB Charles Tillman, who missed Thursday's practice with a sore knee. Could mean a lot more work for Bene' Benwikere on Sunday as an every down corner.

You will not see LG Andrew Norwell (hamstring) for the Panthers again this week

Looking like both Tillman and Philly will be out on Sunday. Bene will likely play outside full time with Colin Jones taking over his role as slot CB. I would expect Funchess will see a greatly increased workload with Philly out and Norwood might even make an appearance.

Media portion of practice over. No P.Brown, C.Tillman on bike. A.Norwell, who won't play this weekend, getting in full sprints.

Good news on Norwell. Sounds like he will be good to go next week and Tillman being on a bike is promising and gives him a decent chance of playing Sunday whereas missing Thursday and Friday practices would almost definitely have him out.

Just now, Cracka McNasty said:

Probably going to be Bersin.

Bersin is more of the backup to the slot position which is Cotchery and Norwood is the outside guy. If Philly is out then I'd expect both Bersin and Norwood to be active with Norwood as the backup to Ginn and Funchess on the outside.

Devin Funchess will get the start if Philly doesn't play

Bene' Benwikere would start for Tillman at CB, Colin Jones would be nickel.

RR gives a “we’ll see” when asked if Bersin and Norwood will both be active. Bené would start for Tillman. CJones at nickel.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

People have suggested that Benwikere isn't doing well as a nickel this season. Some think he'd be better on the outside.

Looks like we might get to test that theory.

I'm one of those people and I'm definitely interested to see how he does on the outside if he gets the full game there likely covering Garcon with Norman on Desean Jackson.

Archived