• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anyone else feel bad forJimmy Clausen?

Pox 08

5 minutes ago, MadHatter said:

Not feeling sorry for a guy who has managed to make millions as a backup QB in the NFL.

He's getting more than vet min?    I like the dude.........I hope he can succeed somewhere........   but wtf would anyone look at what he has produced on the field in either spot duty or in his role as full time starter,  and decide to pay him more than the vet min?

3 minutes ago, CLTPanther said:

How did he end up with Baltimore anyway? I know he lost that game starting for Chicago in Seattle.. no surprise if Fox booted him though, I'm sure that was a flashback to 2010 that nobody wanted

The Bears started him against the Seahawks and expected a miracle.       Clausen is a short pass thrower that went against a short pass,  swarming defense.......and the outcome was what it was expected to be (expected by nearly everyone).      

I wonder if his game against the Seahawks today will spell the end of him,  in Baltimore?

I feel bad for him, and hope he can do something. He isnt great, not good and maybe not even fair...but something needs to be said about his start in the NFL. We threw him into a nearly impossible situation with an O-Line that leaks like a net holds water, a personality like 89 all up in his grill, and a coach who just didnt give a damn as he was on the way out..

Not that any of that explains away a lack of talent, but his growth was stunted from the start.

29 minutes ago, Pox 08 said:

He's getting more than vet min?    I like the dude.........I hope he can succeed somewhere........   but wtf would anyone look at what he has produced on the field in either spot duty or in his role as full time starter,  and decide to pay him more than the vet min?

He has made millions over his short career so far....did not say he was making millions per season.

Archived