• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Non American NFL teams

2plankingpanther

6 hours ago, Vampire the buffet slayer said:

I think people in the north west area deserve a team before London or LA .

No team in the Dakotas, Iowa, Montana, if a team was put in this area it would have a huge fan base rather quickly.

You mean like the Oklahoma Thunder? lol

If San Diego, with more than 1,000,000 residents can't seem to hold onto a team, I would be reluctant to head anywhere overseas or outside of the US yet.

San Jose and San Antonio, on the other hand, both have over 1 million residents, and no team.

To survive, it requires more than a city, it requires an active region with people who will travel to see teams play. My suggestions would be the Birmingham, AL area and perhaps Nebraska. Both have huge numbers of committed football fans and little competition for teams.

Let's face it, though, none of the NFL owners want to carve the pie up into any more than 32 pieces. It's not going to happen unless someone shuffles off in search of greener pastures. Kahn might do it with the Jaguars when it comes to London, but otherwise, it's just some teams that might want to/ might not want to dance with LA again.

1 hour ago, thomas96 said:

It's completely illogical and impractical to have an NFL team in any other country.

this is the only thing ive read in this thread that i disagree with. anything in the Americas wouldnt be too terribly difficult to organize. To me Mexico and Canada make the most sense, followed closely by Brazil, Argentina, and Colombia. 

But what makes the most sense is what most people have discussed in this thread. There are markets in the USA that could and would support a team much sooner than almost every international market. 

to not completely fug up the divisions you'd almost need an eight-team expansion. 

toronto

montreal

vancouver

OKC

portland

LA (giving back whatever franchise moves there)

mexico city

san antonio

...and that's a humungous push. i don't see it happening within the next twenty years.

7 hours ago, KB_fan said:

Not only a higher income tax, but a MUCH MUCH higher cost of living.  I have work colleagues from England, Switzerland, etc., and they ALL have put in requests for me to bring stuff back from the States, since clothes & housewares, etc. are almost half the price of what they'd pay in Europe.

Amen brother. Everything there is more expensive to start, and then the Value Added Tax gets added to everything. Throw in the poorer exchange rate since national currencies were abolished and replaced with the Euro, and their dependency on Russian oil and natural gas, and it ain't cheap no more.

As for London and other international teams, nothing is happening there until the NFL is back in L.A.

Period.

If you are going to move ONE team to London and want to make travel less cumbersome the idea division is the AFC East.  Buffalo, NYJ and NE are closest to London and Miami would be moved to the AFC South.   That make the yearly travel for NE, Buffalo and NYJ no worse than traveling west.   And Miami might actually have a chance to win the division in the perennial weak AFC South.

On 12/19/2015 at 2:09 PM, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

I'm against the NFL even playing games in London, but everyone in Canada already watches the NFL anyway. With London, there is a much bigger untapped market, and no language barrier like there would be in mainland Europe.

NFL Europe was around for several seasons and by the last season,5 out of 6 teams were in Germany!If there was to be an expansion team anywhere in Europe,I'd say Duetchland(sp)(Germany)!Yeah the German crowd is kind of weird they all whistle making it sound like a swarm of angry crickets but hey,they seem to love football!

1 minute ago, 2plankingpanther said:

NFL Europe was around for several seasons and by the last season,5 out of 6 teams were in Germany!If there was to be an expansion team anywhere in Europe,I'd say Duetchland(sp)(Germany)!Yeah the German crowd is kind of weird they all whistle making it sound like a swarm of angry crickets but hey,they seem to love football!

German people would love a tactical, violent game? Say it ain't so.

Also don't fug with the Polizei. They pistol whip and ask questions later. A friend told me...

Archived