• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2 seed easiest path to NFCC game? Looks that way.

PanthersUnited

On December 28, 2015 at 11:04 AM, Mol3m4n said:

Seattle isn't beating Arizona in Arizona. 

Why not? 

AZ has been beat at home, been beat by a divisional opponent at home. 

People too often let one game (recent games) distort reality.  AZ hasn't been steamrolling people in AZ every week.  

Last home game before the Packer game Minny blew it but we're neck and neck.  One before that they were neck and neck with Cincy.  Both 3 pt wins. 

I think you want the guarantee of home field advantage throughout, regardless of opponent.  Hosting Seattle and at the same time keeping an eye on that AZ score to see if you will have to go on the road for the NFCC is not a recipe for good focus and mental toughness.  Playing Seattle (or anybody) knowing that the next game will also be at home regardless of the AZ score instills confidence.  I think that was part of the lack of confidence against SF in the 2nd half a few years ago.  The possibility of traveling to Seattle loomed large I think because of the way they were playing and our history.  We don't need the uncertainty.  Lock up the #1 and get ready to play some tremendous football teams in your home stadium.

Other reasons:

Going on the road to AZ is the most likely outcome of getting the 2 seed.   We don't want that.

A successful team doesn't aim for 2nd place.  The first round bye would not be a good week off if we are on a 2 game losing streak preparing to come back and play who knows what team with already one win under their belts.

15-1 is a mighty fine record for an franchise in any year and something worth fighting for.  We need to beat Tampa Bay and take what belongs to us: The #1 seed and homefield advantage.

You hope for the home field advantage throughout the playoffs. You want quiet 3rd downs when you have the ball, and loud 3rd downs when the opposition has it. You want to avoid that long plane ride, and make your opponent deal with the jet lag and time zone change.

Seattle and AZ are on the same level in my opinion. I think Seattle can beat AZ at AZ, but it really just depends on how a few big plays turn out. The ball could bounce either way, and the last time Seattle and AZ played in was really close. Seattle and AZ are playing this week, and I like Seattle. Wilson should be able to buy time by scrambling away from AZ's blitz, and when he does there will be open receivers deep, and Wilson is just the QB to hit them right on the money. Seattle is actually very well suited to beat teams like AZ. They'll do well and pressuring Palmer, and he'll throw picks if you rattle him. Can't wait to see these teams square off.

Archived