• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Poll: How long have you been a Jake Hater?

Panther_Fan

I like Jake. I like him a lot so I am not a hater.

He doesn't have what it takes to be a starter anymore. In the last 10 games he has 3 games with 4 or more turnovers.....that is too costly for a Fox team.

This. Though he will have 09 to prove it wrong just because we likely don't have anyone else on the roster that can do any better.

Jake was a good QB he's just lost "it".

Nobody here should ever admit to being a Jake hater. I dislike him very much as the starting QB for the team and have since '04 but I don't hate the guy. He has done a lot of good..just enough in fact to prolong the mediocrity of our team IMO.

"You have to be pretty ignorant to actually "hate" the guy."

Those are my exact feelings and i go along with you on the "Hate" part.

I appreciate what Jake has done in the past,but he seems to be,due to age or previous injuries,on the downside of his career.

There comes a point in every players life when their skill decline and i believe Jake has reached that point and needs to hang it up.

I really like the Delhomme as a person and wish him luck in all his future endeavors,just not as the Panthers starting QB.

Mediocrity of our team? I understand that we haven't been winning SBs here but in 07 he didn't make our team mediocore and in 05 he took us to the champ game and in 08 we went 12-4.

That's better then most teams in the NFL. 1 sb, 2 nfc cham games and a 12-4 season. 3 playoff appearances in 5 years (not including 07 cause he got hurt and btw we were looking good when he did play in 07), I'll take it.

Also in 04 we almost made the playoffs, he had a pretty darn good season without Smitty and we had 14 guys on IR.

I know we haven't been elite with him like the Steelers or the Pats but we've been relevant and a contender.

bottom line is we cannot win a superbowl with jake under center.....that's the brutal truth.

when you throw multiple picks every two games that's not going to do it,especially when out d is not that of steelers or ravens.

so there's no hate it's a business and right now it seems management is not making the best choice for the team as a whole.

I'll never hate on Jake.

But just for the record.....Philadelphia's defense is not nearly as good as it used to be. Philly did not look sharp, and yet they totally dismantled Jake. If you think he's going to look good against a better defense, like the ones we will face later this year.....

I don't hate delhomey. He took us farther than any QB has.. He is top 7 in wins since like 2004...not his fault Fox hasnt realized he isnt what he was. I guess you can say he should say he is not good enough but any player who has been good at some point has trouble letting go.

Archived