• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

One Carolina

CarolinaSunday

14 minutes ago, KB_fan said:

Slightly off topic, but the Panthers twitter account has gained something like 150,000 new followers in a week.  I think it was just within the last 7 - 10 days they hit 1 million.  Now they're up to 1,150,000.  WOW.  Cardinals only have approx 400K

Damn, that's pretty impressive.  I checked just for comparison's sake and it's nearly even with the Seahawks and Steelers twitter and a few 100,000 off from the Cowboys and Packers.  There's only a handful of teams with more followers than us that I saw... those 4 and the Patriots.  Patriots way up there ahead of everyone with 2.2 million.

This team, fanbase and culture has done some serious growing this year.

9 minutes ago, rainwater said:

The Mudcats were the Kinston Indians before they moved a few years back.  The Kinston Indians were around since the 80s.

When I was stationed at SJAFB the Mudcats were in Zebulon (I think) and the Indians were in Kinston.

They were both around in the early to mid 90's.

Just now, SIGCHI222 said:

When I was stationed at SJAFB the Mudcats were in Zebulon (I think) and the Indians were in Kinston.

The original Mudcats moved to Florida and then the Kinston Indians moved to Zebulon and are now the Mudcats.  So it isn't the same team.

4 minutes ago, SIGCHI222 said:

Before that they were the Kinston Expos and Kinston Eagles....there has been a minor league team in Kinston since the late 20s.  There were some years when a team didn't exist there but pretty much has had team for nearly a century.

2 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

Before that they were the Kinston Expos and Kinston Eagles....there has been a minor league team in Kinston since the late 20s.  There were some years when a team didn't exist there but pretty much has had team for nearly a century.

Kinston stadium was a classic really old stadium.  They had Military Wednesdays where if you were military you got in free and beers were only a dollar.  The Mudcat stadium I went to was either new or practically new.  Anywho, just glad to see soooo much support.

Archived