• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

89 Panther 4 Life! Bottom Line

ncmonzta

1 minute ago, Gazi said:

Will never happen. TD, Cam, Kuechly you can take bets on

I understand your point of view, but it's hard to ignore what he's meant to this franchise for so long and how he absolutely encapsulated Keep Pounding. 

I have nothing but love for 89 and I wish our fans weren't so quick to dismiss his career as a Panther. 

Time will tell, in the meantime, have some pie!

6 minutes ago, Montsta said:

#bornaraven

That is obviously a front...  he didnt ask to be a raven and his ego was hurt.

Regardless, if it was up to me, when we win this championship, i would give Smitty a ring.  He held the fort down for years with little to no help, and he was THE PANTHER until Cam and Luke, and obviously TD's role grew over the last 5 years or so, but my point remains.

1 minute ago, jayflip said:

I understand your point of view, but it's hard to ignore what he's meant to this franchise for so long and how he absolutely encapsulated Keep Pounding. 

I have nothing but love for 89 and I wish our fans weren't so quick to dismiss his career as a Panther. 

Time will tell, in the meantime, have some pie!

He's still up there as one of the greatest for me. I can't just erase 10+ years of great Smitty memories, but I just have a feeling Jerry would never approve of something that big. 

I have watched Smitty on the media circuit over the past few weeks on ESPN and NFL and he has been very gracious towards his former team..Even giving accolades to many of the players... When he started his analyst circuit on Mike and Mike he did come at Norman but later cleaned it up on Sportscenter that same day..I don't know if he was able to see the tape and saw how he came across..

I as a fan would love to see him retire as a Panther..

But until then..onward to the Superbowl!

Archived