• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

One of the Greatest Teams All Time?

Cat

When we win the SB the 2015 Carolina Panthers will be 18-1 Super Bowl champions. Only the 3rd team all time to do this. Mike and Mike were talking about that this morning. They didn't really seem on board, Golic less so because we don't possess the greatest offense or defense of all time (which is silly because it's greatest team not greatest offense or defense).

I think we are incredibly balanced team. We lead the league in points differential and we beat at some point almost every team in the NFC playoffs many by double digits. However I doubt many ever consider  the Panthers one because we are a small town southern team. If this team played in NYC or Chicago there would have been talk of GOAT months ago. 

Thoughts?

2 minutes ago, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

your second biggest mistake was automatically assuming the sb will be a coronation. your biggest mistake was listening to mike and mike.

So no thoughts, just silly trolling. Jesus this board has really gotten terrible. 

1 minute ago, Cat said:

So no thoughts, just silly trolling. Jesus this board has really gotten terrible. 

the panthers aren't going to be considered one of the best teams of all time because they really have no dominant identity to them. the 1984 49ers and 1996 packers, teams that dominated through the year and won through their balance are met with a rather tepid response by football historians and fanatics alike, and are overlooked in favor of teams with an iconic image like the 85 bears and their defense, 72 dolphins and their W column, and the steel curtain steelers when it comes to "best team ever" arguments.

panthers may have the dab and the attitude resembling the 85 bears, as well as the 15 wins, but they dont have the mind blowing stats like two straight playoff shutouts. nor do they have the amount of hall of famers on a single team like the 70s steelers. they are just a solid team that doesn't do anything wrong, and that doesn't sell nfl films.

We'll definitely be in the discussion. I compare us to the 85 Bears. Lotta parallels. Obviously there's Rivera, the record, stifling defense, great run game, etc. biggest difference is our QB and offense overall is much better. 

So yea, no way we're not in the discussion. #1 offense, top 5 or 10 defense, dominated turnover stats, etc etc etc. 

I was born the same year as the Superbowl. I have always loved and watched as many games as I could. I have saw many great games and great players. The only reason I like stats is they are nice to look at after season is over and I'm bored. I am a huge Panthers homer and always will be. With all that said and taking off my homer glasses I can say this. The Panthers in the Cardinals game was one of the best teams I've ever saw.

24 minutes ago, Cat said:

When we win the SB the 2015 Carolina Panthers will be 18-1 Super Bowl champions. Only the 3rd team all time to do this. Mike and Mike were talking about that this morning. They didn't really seem on board, Golic less so because we don't possess the greatest offense or defense of all time (which is silly because it's greatest team not greatest offense or defense).

I think we are incredibly balanced team. We lead the league in points differential and we beat at some point almost every team in the NFC playoffs many by double digits. However I doubt many ever consider  the Panthers one because we are a small town southern team. If this team played in NYC or Chicago there would have been talk of GOAT months ago. 

Thoughts?

The 1967-68 Green Bay Packers are considered to be two of the greatest teams ever in NFL history. Guess where they play ?

We'll be alright.

6 minutes ago, wud35 said:

I was born the same year as the Superbowl. I have always loved and watched as many games as I could. I have saw many great games and great players. The only reason I like stats is they are nice to look at after season is over and I'm bored. I am a huge Panthers homer and always will be. With all that said and taking off my homer glasses I can say this. The Panthers in the Cardinals game was one of the best teams I've ever saw.

Wait, the Superbowl or the Panthers 1st(look at that, 1st) Superbowl?

The thing about this team that makes it great is, when it's firing on all cylinders, it just relentlessly dismantles and annihilates anything in its way. Nobody in the league matches up to us when we play like we did against Arizona or the 1st half against Seattle. A 13-3 team and a team that had made the last two superbowls and we made them look like the Cleveland Browns. 

4 minutes ago, Jangler said:

Wait, the Superbowl or the Panthers 1st(look at that, 1st) Superbowl?

Your question is confusing me can you sum it up with a music video? Lol. (Love your vids) ;-). If you mean which Superbowl year I was born in, the very first ever. Lol

Archived