• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

D'Angelo Wlliams Sorta Bad Mouthing, Not Giving Cam Credit; A Bit Salty?

FootballMaestro

46 minutes ago, FootballMaestro said:

I know a lot of Panther fans like or dislike D'Angelo. But the guys a character man.

I caught him on the Boomer And Carton Show in NY at 7:22 am EST (He was on about 10-15 min, since I caught it).

So after speaking about Pittsburgh and the AFC, they asked him about Cam.

First he say's 'well, it's the receivers. They've been in the system for a while; so the balls coming out of his hands on time. He doesn't have to wait on them. That's what I see'. Okay. That sounds fine. Right?

So after speaking about something else for a while. They came back to Cam.

And he downplays Cam, then says; Cam's only had one good year (talking about this year). So when Boomer says, what about his Rookie year. He had a phenomenal Rookie year. D'Angelo retorts and says 'yeah, but did we win'!?. I guess he forgot about Cam's 2013 when the team was 12-4 (mind you, how hard he fought last year, even if D'Angelo wasn't there).

He says 'Peyton been it doing for a while. Cam hasn't'. He also earlier talked about how 'Cam could be a game manager, and the defense can carry that team (mind you all the high scoring games the teams been involved in, and the numbers Cam has put up)'. Later he admits, he only caught a few Panther games (and I'm sure he didn't watch them in their entirety, based of his latter comments).

He says he's a Pittsburgh Steeler now, and not a former Panther (paraphrase) when asked to talk more about the Panthers.

He was very salty during the interview, with out being rude. Maybe it's just his personality? He even challenged the host-Carton, that he didn't watch the Bengals when he asked him if he was going to retire (presumably cause he was so good), instead of just answering the question. 

Note: There will be no link for this at least till the afternoon (their show ends at 10 am). And I won't be able to provide it until the afternoon or evening. So if someone can find and post by then, please do.

Unless it's just his personality: D'Angelo wasn't straight out hating. But Esiason, was begging for some positive or interesting things on Cam (since he played with him), and D'Angelo didn't bite. Maybe it's his personality. Or maybe he felt he wasn't best utilized in the read option (or Cam and Stewart took yards away from his since Newton's arrival). I don't know. But it was su7re interesting.

So after all of that, you still think he's a character guy? 

And it is his personality..   Hence why he isn't a character guy. 

No surprise that once him and Smitty were finally given the boot the locker room chemistry improved.

Deangelo was a lazy and expected his early seasons to carry him through the rest of his career. It was a great day when DG finally took the decision out of Skipper's hands 

2 minutes ago, bleys said:

So after all of that, you still think he's a character guy? 

And it is his personality..   Hence why he isn't a character guy. 

NO I don't/didn't mean "Character" such as high esteem, high character. Ah ah/nope.

I meant, he's a "character (like he's something else, a loon). SMH/LOL

Dwill was one cut that I was very happy Gman made.             He stopped even trying when he was a Panther...  dude was fat,  kept tripping over his own feet as soon as the ball was handed to him.  ..that,  and his snide comments on social media always rubbed me the wrong way. 

13 minutes ago, mercules20 said:

I worked at this garbage pizza buffet restaurant in Denver, NC when I was younger called Untouchables and DWill fuggin loved it. Dude was always there. Fat bastard never gave me an autograph either.

I grew up in Denver NC....Untouchables was a shithole and sucked 40 years ago.  Can't imagine how shitty it is today.

3 minutes ago, MadHatter said:

I grew up in Denver NC....Untouchables was a shithole and sucked 40 years ago.  Can't imagine how shitty it is today.

Consider the idea of a pizza hut but with little orange waitresses that smell like a fish market and cooks that aren't abiding by any sanitation laws.

3 minutes ago, CCS said:

I don't think anyone misses Deangelo at all. He may have had a good game every now and then but he was never worth that Hurney contract. 90% of the time he'd be given the ball the immediatly start shifting and juking so much that it looked like he was doing the electric slide and then he'd get tackled for a gain of 0. He seemed to be pretty shitty to the fans too. fug him.

Almost all running backs aren't.

Oh, and I almost forgot....fug him.

Everyone in here ripping DeAngelo were probably the first people cheering when he'd score a touchdown...He put in several good years here in Charlotte and once he began to be banged up and got paid, maybe his effort wasn't the best. That concern isn't exclusive to him...

Having said that, if he doesn't want to give Cam all the credit in the world, who cares? It's almost like asking current college football coaches about the top 25 knowing damn well they watched one game and one game only and expecting them to fill out a reasonable ballot. From what I see on social media, he's still great with Panthers fans and doesn't act like his time here never happened.

I've said it from early on... DeAngelo is fake as fug and his social media presence is incredibly annoying. It doesn't surprise me that he's throwing shade at his old team, because he's still butthurt about a) being cut and b) the Panthers not making the entire 2014 season about his mom. 

With that being said, who the fug cares? In 6 days he'll be sitting on his couch with Miller Lite and buffalo chicken dip while his old teammates will (hopefully) be hoisting the Lombardi.

Archived