• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Uh oh... Brian Billick is poking holes in the pro-denver media narrative!

MVPccaffrey

1 minute ago, Sam Mills Fan said:

Meh. They're trying to build hype so people will watch. If they said nothing but the game would be a blowout, that doesn't exactly build viewership, does it?

Certainly doesn't stop them from blowing smoke up the hind ends of the Patriots and Seahawks every game.  No one's shy about talking blowouts when those teams are up for discussion.

40 minutes ago, Camvp said:

Right now on Fox Sports, Billick just said "the matchups favor Carolina across the board", talks about our physicality, talks about our running game oriented offense being a bad matchup for Denver, and likewise with our defense contrasted with Peyton's issues this season.

A sure contrast to Colin Cowherd having a real blowhard discussion earlier with Peter Schrager who actually talked about Denver's defense being talked about like the "85 bears, 00 ravens, 13 seahawks", if "not for Peyton playing".  Unbelievable!  Same crap platitudes about "peyton still is peyton" we've seen, during the few times they discuss the Denver offense Carolina defense matchup, which rarely came up.  I don't remember the media trying to hype up a defense to this level in the last twenty years.  Also for good measure both took shots at our receivers.  

Isn't it funny how guys who coached the sport or are X&Os gurus, like Billick and Greg Cossel, seem to be the only ones discussing how much Carolina is favored, how well we really matchup with Denver on both sides of the ball, and just how unique and difficult to stop our offense is?  On the other side, it seems the blowhards, either the media types who never sniffed a football field or meathead former players who never coached in their life, are the ones hyping up the Denver D to legendary levels and dismissing our offense agains them?  Just something I noticed.

Well, Peyton is probably still Peyton.....choke artist in the super bowl.

Anyways the point of this thread wasn't solely about the media hyping up the match... I understand fully why they are doing it.  More so I wanted to acknowledge the big disconnect between those who actually are familiar with the coaching and tactics of the game being the ones to acknowledge the huge mismatch, while it seems the only ones hyping up the Denver D are those who have never been involved with football scheming at any level.

I have always liked Billick. Loved it when he did the color commentary for games. (We were on a winning streak when he did our games.) I could see the X's & O's but he also gave us the unique perspective from the coach's eye & I'm glad he still does. fwiw he's always been positive about the Panthers but, most importantly to me, he always had Coach Rivera's back, explaining why a new coach would do some things I didn't understand. I agree with Rivera, he needed a seasoned head coach on the sidelines with him.

1 hour ago, Ken said:

Man, some of you guys are really hyper sensitive when it comes to the Panthers. Never ceases to amaze me.

I come to the huddle to escape my teen daughters hormones and drama and yet....

Unbelievable the thin skin here.

Archived