• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Remmers

Lilsmitty09

Time to become a solid backup or let him go...

Cost us the Hawks playoff game last year, Atlanta Game, and was absolutely horrifying yesterday. If you have some decent speed you will beat Remmers. 

Also, CJ needs to be cut. Easy balled out and I feel as if CJ had much more playing time.

What say you Huddle?

He didn't cost us the game alone, but he was definitely a weak link. If we want to compete with elite defenses, we have to shore up RT with a high level player. Good thing we have FA and the draft coming up. I have faith in Gettleman to find someone good, and faith in Remmers to be either elevate his game to keep his spot(I don't think this is likely due to his ceiling) or be a good team mate and provide quality depth. 

CJ needs to take a paycut and back up Ealy.  Allen doesn't seem to have it any more either.  I'm hoping we can draft a good pass rushing DE in the draft or get one on FA because I think our other DE's are better at spot minutes than they would be starters.

We definitely need to upgrade RT too.  

We've got a lot of room for improvement and that sounds silly to say when we went 15-1 during the regular season and trounced the Seahawks and Cardinals.  Denver just had our number and played a great game, but if we can shore up our deficiencies we have a great chance of repeating as NFC champs.

I have a feeling it's Williams vs Remmers for the staring RT position, and they will add another (possibly highly drafted) tackle to compete for the LT spot behind Oher.  Honestly if they just drafted offensive linemen and defensive line I would not complain.

Archived