• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Seriously wtf is this Charlotte?

London Loves Luke

Seriously its sh*t like this that makes me wonder whether Charlotte deserves Cam. He's literally given this hick rag newspaper more readers than they've ever had before and this is the sort of sh*t they pump out the day after the Super Bowl? I would expect this from Bleacher Report or NFL.com but seeing this on the front page of the CO site just tipped me over the edge. 

image.thumb.png.230cab40fb4dac32698de69fimage.thumb.png.887ced10915c056938417ef7image.thumb.png.440824a975de6b68f812412c

Some one at the CO doesn't like Cam Newton. It's been that way almost from the moment he was drafted. They were the ones that published the Tennessee mom letter, pushed the Green Bay banner story. But they have never had a good relationship with the Panthers, always trying to spread rumors (ie Kris Jenkins) like a front cashier rag at the gas station instead of a hometown newspaper. IIRC at one point in our history their reporter (Pat Y.) was banned from the stadium for what he published. No, I don't want them to sugar coat things but stating facts & fully investigating instead of tearing down the team & our QB would be a good step. I will read ESPN long before I read the CO.

By walking out of his press conference early, Newton made the grave mistake of pissing off sportswriters.  They are a very self-important bunch and so the reactions were predictably harsh and paternalistic.

Another Observer writer - Jonathan Jones - wrote a very good and measured article on the topic, I thought.

I find it interesting that Brady walked out of a midweek press conference after two questions in December (the questions were about Trump, to be fair).  He also walked out of a press conference in Dec. 2013 after a loss to the Dolphins.  I never heard about any of that and frankly I don't care at all.  But Cam is held to a different standard.

2 hours ago, Promethean Forerunner said:

Disgraceful.

We knew it'd come if we lost though. Everybody was just waiting for us to slip.

Yeh, and I've been reading it from writers and fans outside of Charlotte for the last two days. But to see it from our own "local" press is just ridiculous. You know that Buffalo kicker he referenced that lost "like a professional"?? Way to use BUFFALO as your example of f*cking SuperBowl excellence. With the amount of fans that turned out to welcome the team home (props to anyone that went) you'd think the CO would accept that most Panther fans appreciate the team going through the same emotions that we do as fans and rally the city, rather than dump on the 26 yo QB that got us there.

Seriously, F*ck Scott Fowler.

Did you all read about what was going on in the background of that interview.  Cam was being taunted by a couple of the Bronco players.  You can hear it in the background.  Now, Cam is sulking and no he shouldn't.  However, Cam has done much to achieve what this team has accomplished and I'm willing to overlook a little sulking.  Cam is still young.  He has coaches and PR people that will discuss this.  Cam is the type of person that beats up on himself more than the news media, band-wagoneers, enemy, etc.

"Cam Newton got his comeuppance" Is Scott Fowler kidding me with this crap? I'm getting really tired of petulant, whiny  sportswriters who feel the need to go on and on and on about this subject without telling the whole story. Seems to me Cam Newton isn't the only one who needs to grow up. And how pathetic are Broncos fans that they're trolling our hometown newspaper? They've been flooding every article about the Superbowl with their asinine comments. 

Archived