• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

An Interesting Clete Blakeman Stat

Lilsmitty09

Being a Dallas Mavericks fan (don't kill me), I've seen unfair/ rigged officiating in the championship. The NBA ended up getting busted, proving it happens at the top level. To anyone who thinks this couldn't happen in an even more profitable league, you're delusional. 

This is a game that can change from a matter of inches. To think a few "poor" calls doesn't change the course of the game, no matter how bad we played, is absurd. 

Lilsmitty, you should make a video montage of all the BS that occurred during the game. 

Don't forget how often their DBs tackled our receivers long before the ball got there. How can a player execute when he's getting manhandled and wrapped up? The no penalties for 65% of the game is also worth noting. They didn't commit a single penalty from right before the half to the end? Seriously?? I gotta bridge for sale in Brooklyn, if you believe that one.

The most interesting stat about Clete btw, is that Manning is 6-0 now in games that he's called. Hmm.. no bias there at all, I'm sure.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/197554/juicy-but-irrelevant-broncos-are-5-0-in-games-with-super-bowl-50-referee-clete-blakeman

EDIT: Added URL and changed postseason to any games he's called.

1 hour ago, Lilsmitty09 said:
  • His regular-season crew aggressively officiated pass defense, calling 43 penalties for defensive pass interference, illegal contact and defensive holding. That ranked as the fourth most in the league.

One thing you have to keep in mind here regarding comparisons: This was not Blakeman's regular crew.

Remember postseason crews are always 'all star' groups.

1 hour ago, Fright said:

Being a Dallas Mavericks fan (don't kill me), I've seen unfair/ rigged officiating in the championship. The NBA ended up getting busted, proving it happens at the top level. To anyone who thinks this couldn't happen in an even more profitable league, you're delusional. 

This is a game that can change from a matter of inches. To think a few "poor" calls doesn't change the course of the game, no matter how bad we played, is absurd. 

Lilsmitty, you should make a video montage of all the BS that occurred during the game. 

I posted this on another thread.  I will post it here too because its relevant to the conversation.........................................

Does anyone remember that NBA ref who was rigging games?  http://www.cbsnews.com/news/ex-nba-ref-tim-donaghys-personal-foul/4/

It started outside a hotel at Philadelphia's airport: the FBI says two men associated with the Gambino crime family requested a meeting with Donaghy and took him for a ride.

"They came down and picked me up," Donaghy remembered. "They basically told me that I needed to give them the picks. And if I didn't that it's a possibility that somebody would go down and visit my wife and kids in Florida."

Donaghy said he believed them and was scared. From then on his picks were relayed to the mob.

Asked how he communicated his bets to the mob, Donaghy said, "I would discuss it with a high school friend of mine, who would pass the information along to them."

There was a code. "The code was if I want them to be the home team, I would discuss his brother Chuck. And if I wanted him to bet the visiting team, I would mention his brother Johnny," Donaghy explained.

FBI Special Agent Scala told Simon the FBI made a very conservative estimate that the mob made at least a few million dollars off Donaghy's picks. 

Donaghy said the mob was paying him $2,000 per correct pick - peanuts considering they were making millions. 

Bottom line is that anything is possible.  Here we are 13 years since the last Super Bowl and now we know that the Patriots filmed our practices and cheated us out of a likely Super Bowl win.  Would anyone ever be surprised if a story breaks in the subsequent years about the refs in this game?  There was alot of money placed on the Panthers.  The mob was possibly looking to lose a lot of money if the Panthers won the game.  Here is another interesting link stating the obvious.  Vegas was heavily rooting for the Denver Broncos to win the game.  http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2016/2/3/10904360/super-bowl-50-odds-panthers-vs-broncos-spread

Tin foil hat?  I would not be so quick to assume every thing is a conspiracy.  Sometimes its just about the money.  

2 hours ago, Fright said:

I don't think there are massive conspiracies,  however,  i don't think for a minute a ref or two or even a player or two is not semi connected to mob/bookie types who just a certain spread covered. 

Just before the game some buddies were talking about the late rush of cash on Denver.  At that moment i got an uneasy feeling.

Now, some point shaving could have as much to do with the under as opposed to wins or loses.

I grew up a Cowboy fan ( saw the light when we got a team) and betted with bookies and I'm still convinced Erik Williams was on the take. That guy got more illegal motion or holds at the most crucial times or on a game deciding fg more than any player i have ever seen.

15 minutes ago, Semaj said:

I posted this on another thread.  I will post it here too because its relevant to the conversation.........................................

Does anyone remember that NBA ref who was rigging games?  http://www.cbsnews.com/news/ex-nba-ref-tim-donaghys-personal-foul/4/

Bottom line is that anything is possible.  Here we are 13 years since the last Super Bowl and now we know that the Patriots filmed our practices and cheated us out of a likely Super Bowl win.  Would anyone ever be surprised if a story breaks in the subsequent years about the refs in this game?  There was alot of money placed on the Panthers.  The mob was possibly looking to lose a lot of money if the Panthers won the game.  Here is another interesting link stating the obvious.  Vegas was heavily rooting for the Denver Broncos to win the game.  http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2016/2/3/10904360/super-bowl-50-odds-panthers-vs-broncos-spread

Tin foil hat?  I would not be so quick to assume every thing is a conspiracy.  Sometimes its just about the money.  

Need to look more into this. I remember hearing on the radio BEFORE the playoffs the team Vegas didn't want was Pitt and that Vegas preferred Carolina or Pats due to odds pre SB. Not saying before the year started.

I don't think 10's of thousands of people had Carolina preseason .

Archived