• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

An Interesting Clete Blakeman Stat

Lilsmitty09

I know it's been well past 24 hours...but the more I see and hear about him the more aggravating it is. He picked up a defensive holding that would've given us a 1st down, and didn't call a PI on Ginn which again - would have given us great position and a first down, but called one on Norman that was laughable. 

Here's a crazy stat:

• His regular-season crew aggressively officiated pass defense, calling 43 penalties for defensive pass interference, illegal contact and defensive holding. That ranked as the fourth most in the league.

Funny Denver didn't have a single PI that entire game. Including the first play of the game where their TE pushed off Harper for a 20 some yard game.

I swear I'm done posting crap about this. But the whole situation felt fishy and the more I am reading the more I am feeling we got rigged out of a Super Bowl.

Oh and... Cotchery caught it. No doubt in my fricken mind he did. Which was the biggest momentum shift the entire game.

6 minutes ago, thebigcat said:

we weren't good enough to win the game, let it go

This sentiment is why the nfl will never change officiating. Even if its rigged they leave enough doubt to prevent people making a fuss. If no one complains or stands up. Nothing will ever change and one day it'll be so bad people will leave the game. Then it'll change

Just leaving this here...check this out on the Broncos punts...

1) (7:34) 4-B.Colquitt punts 50 yards to CAR 16, Center-46-A.Brewer. 19-T.Ginn to CAR 15 for -1 yards (36-K.Webster).

2) (1:27) 4-B.Colquitt punts 47 yards to CAR 42, Center-46-A.Brewer. 19-T.Ginn to CAR 40 for -2 yards (52-C.Nelson). PENALTY on CAR-21-T.Williams, Illegal Block Above the Waist, 10 yards, enforced at CAR 37. T.Ginn charged with return for 0-yds.

3) (11:00) 4-B.Colquitt punts 52 yards to CAR 35, Center-46-A.Brewer, out of bounds. PENALTY on DEN-51-T.Davis, Ineligible Downfield Kick, 5 yards, enforced at DEN 13 - No Play.

4) (2:02) 4-B.Colquitt punts 53 yards to CAR 19, Center-46-A.Brewer, fair catch by 19-T.Ginn.

5) (3:24) 4-B.Colquitt punts 54 yards to CAR 31, Center-46-A.Brewer. 19-T.Ginn pushed ob at CAR 34 for 3 yards (52-C.Nelson). DEN-48-S.Barrett was injured during the play. PENALTY on CAR-33-T.Boston, Illegal Blindside Block, 15 yards, enforced at CAR 34.

6) (9:07) 4-B.Colquitt punts 44 yards to CAR 28, Center-46-A.Brewer, fair catch by 19-T.Ginn.

7) (4:59) 4-B.Colquitt punts 48 yards to CAR 24, Center-46-A.Brewer, out of bounds.

8) (1:00) 4-B.Colquitt punts 28 yards to CAR 27, Center-46-A.Brewer, out of bounds.

Find it funny AF that whenever the punts weren't inside the 25 or were near mid-field there were penalties on us for random ass things like "BLOCKING ABOVE THE WAIST"????

Whenever the punts were nice though, they didn't call a thing. Maybe I'm over looking it but every single time we had great field position they would never show a reply or even talk about the penalty.

Anyone else notice both Broncos TDs were results of blatantly illegal plays that were not called by the officiating?

Von Miller hit Cam in the face and then went for the ball. The key to this TD was allowing Von Miller to hit Cam with a head shot to stun him.

The rushing TD was a result of Vasquez coming in with a running start to hit his RB in the back and push him into the end zone.

There were a bunch of other issues with officiating, but I find it interesting the only way the Broncos could score touchdowns was to cheat and have the officials look the other way.

Did the Broncos ever get called for unnecessary roughness on Cam Newton? There were so many illegal hits on Cam.

21 minutes ago, thebigcat said:

The refs didn't block or scheme for Wolfe, Miller, Ware.... Shula did and we were outgunned, better execution and it doesn't matter what the refs try to pull

But the refs did constantly keep us in 3rd and long allowing them to take advantage of their one matchup advantage they did have. They also were directly responsible for giving the Broncos 7 points they didn't deserve. We got out played but to say the refs played no part is ignorant at worst and myopic at best. 

21 minutes ago, CarolinaSamurai said:

What really upset me the most is a good portion of the flags that got called were never shown in replay. We had to just trust it was a fair call. In a SB with a billion cameras there is no way those so called penalties weren't caught on camera. 

Maybe it is just me, but I've never liked CBS's NFL coverage for this very reason SB or not.

Are the refs incompetent or biased?  

Who really knows for sure, there is so much going on during these games it is likely they could call penalties every down if they chose to do so.

The question is, what if any rational do these refs use to determine when or when not to call a penalty?

When the calls are highly one sided, it definitely generates reason for concern and wouldn't be the first time in SB history.

Still remember the Seattle-Pittsburgh SB as a good example of one sided, game changing, critical calls that were suspect. 

Archived