• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL Turning Point: The Clete Blakeman Effect

CPantherKing

2 minutes ago, Zaximus said:

I would call two fumble strips that shouldn't have happened pretty game changing, wouldn't you? 

I want to see this list.  I looked at all your posts and don't see it.  Is it on another troll alt?

Again, that's lunacy. There were no penalties there and you know it. 

My post with the list of calls that went against the Broncos that were bad calls is a few pages back.

4 minutes ago, rodeo said:

The list is one sided because the calls were one sided.

It's also one sided because the list is 17-1 in favor of the Panthers getting screwed.  That number is entirely too high and obviously viewed through the eyes of someone wanting to prove that the Panthers not only got screwed but were treated like a pair of Chinese fingercuffs.  As I mentioned, a Denver fan doing the same exercise would probably turn the "1" of "17-1" into something a lot closer. Just look at the genius Bronco fan in this very thread.

Yes, there was bias.  No, it wasn't a grand conspiracy.  It's the usual poo that happens when a team with primarily a regional fanbase goes up against one of the league's favorite sons.

It totally sucks and pisses me off.  Should be used to it by now (SF 2013 playoff anyone?) so it shouldn't be shocking to anyone here.  Won't change unless that bandwagon that everyone is so eager to see leave actually grows and turns the Panthers into a nation-wide favorite.

Cam has the ability to do that, as does a ferocious defense headed up by Luke.

Just now, letsgobroncos said:

My post with the list of calls that went against the Broncos that were bad calls is a few pages back.

There are videos and screenshots showing it.  What more do you need?

I found the list.  Find me timestamps and we'll check them out.  Also none of those are even close to TWO blown fumble calls, the Cotchery catch, the field goal that should have been rekicked.

Your catch interference would have been negated anyway because your player had an illegal fair catch signal.  So most likely the play after that would have been at that spot, not 60 yards down.

8 minutes ago, letsgobroncos said:

Scooping and batting a ball downfield to aid a recovery is a penalty.  Now could the ref see it? Probably not....it happened though.  Can't say it didn't happen.  Von scooped and flung it toward the Panther end zone....hence the ball flying at the ref.

So did contact to the head on the first one.    Cam won't get that call.  Peyton might. 

1 minute ago, CRA said:

Scooping and batting a ball downfield to aid a recovery is a penalty.  Now could the ref see it? Probably not....it happened though.  

So did contact to the head on the first one.    Cam won't get that call.  Peyton might. 

Sadly, there are screenshots showing the ref looking RIGHT at the bat.

Just now, Zaximus said:

Sadly, there are screenshots showing the ref looking RIGHT at the bat.

I know that....but you argue he didn't have a clear view of why the ball was coming at him.  The illegal bat can't be disputed.  I think you can argue why he didn't call that one.

FG was the most blatant joke.   

3 minutes ago, letsgobroncos said:

The Cotchery no-catch call makes the first strip sack a TD as opposed to 1st-and-here-comes-a-field-goal at the Panthers 30 yard line, if the strip sack even occurs at that point.

That's a huge call that changed the game.

Still, Cotchery never should have bobbled it and the Panthers shouldn't allow a strip sack.  That blown call didn't help.

I'm not banging the drum over a bunch of missed calls that should have been penalties, even though you called me out for some reason.  I have issues with the Cotchery incompletion call, the lack of any calls on your secondary outside normal Talib bullshit and the fact that the Panthers somehow earned a flag on what seemed like every time they were going to get the ball in good field position following a punt.  Oh, and picking up a defensive holding flag against Denver but having the balls to throw that flag on Norman to ensure the Denver win was extremely cute.

The rest of the Huddlers are still trying to come to terms with losing to half of a football team and one of the worst Super Bowl winners in history so they are trying to make an even stronger case for the referees deciding the game.  I totally understand why they are doing it though because it is still mind blowing that the Panthers lost to a shitty football team save for 8-10 guys.  So what does that make the Panthers?  A team that blew a golden opportunity on the sports biggest stage.  I hope they realize that and are able to make amends for it as soon as next season.

Take the gift and run, just like the Charles fumble that wound up giving you the division or any of the other gifts your team enjoyed this season.  Winners find a way to win games, I understand that: doesn't mean the Broncos didn't have a horseshoe up their asses all season.

10 hours ago, Cracka McNasty said:

Jesus christ, let it go. Half that poo isn't even sketchy, and the ball did very much in fact hit the ground on the cotchery catch (however I believe he had full control when it did)

The officiating was crap all year, I expected nothing less than what was provided on Sunday. Sure we got screwed more than the broncos did, but the refs didn't fumble it three times and turn a tipped pass into an INT.

Officiating being crap all year is somewhat acceptable. I wish it was better but that likely cost too much to fill experienced crews.   You have to fill 16 crews after all.  

However in the playoffs, and especially the superbowl you only need the best of the best on the field.   Each call changes the game but if you are really picky then why didn't they make an offside call on a scoring play.  On top of that our following kick if a Touch back at 20 is a world of difference than the missed kick at the 34. 14 yards is 7% of Denvers total offense.  They moved the ball worse than we did. 

10 hours ago, Cracka McNasty said:

Jesus christ, let it go. Half that poo isn't even sketchy, and the ball did very much in fact hit the ground on the cotchery catch (however I believe he had full control when it did)

The officiating was crap all year, I expected nothing less than what was provided on Sunday. Sure we got screwed more than the broncos did, but the refs didn't fumble it three times and turn a tipped pass into an INT.

I'm sorry, that ball did not hit the ground.  I strongly disagree.

3 hours ago, Kuechly59 said:

You forgot Miller illegally batting the fumble with four minutes left horrid no call should have been panthers remain possession 1st and ten. Ten yard penalty.

Yes, that was a huge no call because it effectively ended the game and crowned the Broncos Super Bowl Champs

Archived