• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Pre Free-Agency NFL News

Mr. Scot

1 hour ago, Bartin said:

Gettleman probably has 5 different assistants cutting up tape on his last 2 years as we speak. This has "Panthers sign cheap vet slot CB" written all over it.

It just reeks of Gettleman signing. Any stats of note? Haha too lazy to do the research on my own.

Packers free agent WR James Jones said he was hoping to be back in Green Bay, but it looks like he’ll once again test the open market.

“I was hoping I would return to GB but I don’t know what is going to happen,” Jones said, via Sirius XM NFL Radio. “Looks like I’m going to hit open market.

"I plan on playing a good three-four more years," Jones said. "I would love to finish my career there, but it's a crazy business, and I just go with the flow -- that's how I did it last year, that's how I've been doing it my whole career. I just want to get my opportunity to make some plays. Hopefully this free agency is good for me and someone thinks I can help their team win and be productive at the wide receiver position."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000641341/article/james-jones-i-had-best-year-out-of-all-free-agent-wrs

On 3/3/2016 at 2:40 PM, Mr. Scot said:

A general thread for reporting signings, releases, etc.

Getting up to speed...

- The Titans have signed free agent cornerback Brice McCain

- Receiver Armageddon : Saints cut Marques Colston, Falcons cut Roddy White, Patriots cut Brandon LaFell

- Future Colt Watch: Texans cut RB Arian Foster, S Rahim Moore

- Ravens cut Ray Lewis replacement Daryl Smith, decline option on DL Chris Canty

- Browns C Alex Mack voided the last three years of his contract, becoming a free agent and causing several Huddlers to remember cruching on Larisa Oleynik

(FYI guys: this is what she looks like now)

130204LarisaOleynik1.jpg

More news to come as the free agency boulder starts to roll down hill.

Here is a pic with some makeup:

Screen-Shot-2013-02-21-at-15.32.35.png

• NFL Transactions: Thursday 3/4

Bengals
    Bengals re-signed WR Brandon Tate. 

Bills
    Bills released CB Leodis McKelvin. 
    Bills OT Cordy Glenn officially signed his franchise tender. 

Colts
    Colts released WR Andre Johnson. 

Dolphins
    Dolphins tendered contract to ERFAs WR Matt Hazel, TE Jake Stoneburner, S Michael Thomas, CB Tyler Patmon, RT Ulrick John and S Shamiel Gary. 

Eagles
    Eagles used a low-round tender on RFA OL Matt Tobin. 

Giants
    Giants tendered contracts to ERFAs P Brad Wing, TE Jerome Cunningham, RB Orleans Darkwa, WR Myles White, S Bennett Jackson, and TE Will Tye. 

Jaguars
    Jaguars extended second-round tenders to RFAs DE Ryan Davis and DL Arby Jones. 

Lions
    Lions re-signed DT Tyrunn Walker to a one-year deal. 

Patriots
    Patriots released LB Darius Fleming. 

Raiders
    Raiders used a second-round tender on RFA QB QB Matt McGloin.
    Raiders used a low-round tender on RFA OT Matt McCants.

Rams
    Rams CB Trumaine Johnson signed his franchise tender. 

Ravens
    Ravens K Justin Tucker signed his franchise tender. 

Redskins
    Redskins tendered exclusive rights free agent ILB Will Compton.

Saints
    Saints signed K Josh Scobee. 

3 minutes ago, NcPsa10 said:
  • NFL Transactions: Thursday 3/4

Bengals
    Bengals re-signed WR Brandon Tate. 

Bills
    Bills released CB Leodis McKelvin. 
    Bills OT Cordy Glenn officially signed his franchise tender. 

Colts
    Colts released WR Andre Johnson. 

Dolphins
    Dolphins tendered contract to ERFAs WR Matt Hazel, TE Jake Stoneburner, S Michael Thomas, CB Tyler Patmon, RT Ulrick John and S Shamiel Gary. 

Eagles
    Eagles used a low-round tender on RFA OL Matt Tobin. 

Giants
    Giants tendered contracts to ERFAs P Brad Wing, TE Jerome Cunningham, RB Orleans Darkwa, WR Myles White, S Bennett Jackson, and TE Will Tye. 

Jaguars
    Jaguars extended second-round tenders to RFAs DE Ryan Davis and DL Arby Jones. 

Lions
    Lions re-signed DT Tyrunn Walker to a one-year deal. 

Patriots
    Patriots released LB Darius Fleming. 

Raiders
    Raiders used a second-round tender on RFA QB QB Matt McGloin.
    Raiders used a low-round tender on RFA OT Matt McCants.

Rams
    Rams CB Trumaine Johnson signed his franchise tender. 

Ravens
    Ravens K Justin Tucker signed his franchise tender. 

Redskins
    Redskins tendered exclusive rights free agent ILB Will Compton.

Saints
    Saints signed K Josh Scobee. 

thanks

Terez A. Paylor of the Kansas City Star reports that Chiefs OLB Tamba Hali‘s contract officially voided on Saturday.

After the two sides agreed to a restructured contract last year, they had until March 4 to negotiate an extension or the final four years of his agreement would void.

Terez mentions that this will result in the Chiefs carrying a $4 million cap hit in 2016, and leaves Hali in position to test the open market in the coming days.

Hali, 32, is a former first-round pick of the Chiefs back in 2006. He has spent all 10 years of his NFL career in Kansas City and even took a $3 million pay cut to be back with the Chiefs last year.

In 2015, Hali appeared in 15 games for the Chiefs and recorded 48 tackles, 6.5 sacks, two forced fumbles and a pass defense. Pro Football Focus has him rated as the No. 11 edge rusher out of 110 qualifying players.

Archived