• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official NFL Free Agency Thread

Mr. Scot

21 hours ago, ctrcat said:

Nick Saban also said he'd never coach at Alabama.  Everyone has their price although they have cap room so that's not a concern for them.  But they've already shopped him for goodness sake.  If their price is a 1st however I hope it's no-go for us.  With one exception...

Joe Thomas and the #2 overall (Jalen Ramsey) for JNo and our 1st and 2nd.  Joe Haden is overrated, just had surgery, and may not be ready for the opener.  Justin Gilbert is a complete bust.  Maybe, just maybe, being the Browns, they see JNo being younger than Thomas and bite, although I think Thomas would have equal or greater bang for buck over the next 3-4 years.

I dont know if Thomas plays another 4 years. He turns 32 in December. I could see him hanging them up in 1 or 2 years.

Have to disagree about Haden. I know he had some injuries last year but the dude averages about 20 pd's a year. Josh, 2 years older did last year what Joe's been doing since he was a rookie, if anything he's underrated.

1 hour ago, CelticCat said:

I dont know if Thomas plays another 4 years. He turns 32 in December. I could see him hanging them up in 1 or 2 years.

Have to disagree about Haden. I know he had some injuries last year but the dude averages about 20 pd's a year. Josh, 2 years older did last year what Joe's been doing since he was a rookie, if anything he's underrated.

Here's HOPING the Browns agree.  Would be pure blockbuster and fantasy land for us to land Ramsey and Thomas but they'd have JNo and two high picks instead of one so who knows.  I might even consider throwing Klein in there if they gave our 6th back.

4 hours ago, Bartin said:

This is not free agent news, but Justin Houston had ACL surgery last month and could miss the entire 2016 season. Optimistically he is back by midseason. Relevant to the Panthers since we play the Chiefs next year and him not playing would be huge especially given Remmers' difficulties with guys who can bend the edge and Houston lines up across from the RT the majority of the time.

I've said it before and I'll say it again-our schedule is easier this year than last.  Not saying 17 wins are in the bag, but on paper, the QBs we faced were far superior in 15, KC may be without Houston, and Seattle is miles weaker on paper with maybe the worst OL in league history.  Hell, our toughest game may be in Oakland who haven't had a winning record since Randy Fasani was our QB for goodness sake.

20 hours ago, ctrcat said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again-our schedule is easier this year than last.  Not saying 17 wins are in the bag, but on paper, the QBs we faced were far superior in 15, KC may be without Houston, and Seattle is miles weaker on paper with maybe the worst OL in league history.  Hell, our toughest game may be in Oakland who haven't had a winning record since Randy Fasani was our QB for goodness sake.

BwLextjIgAAncJ3.png

barw.0.gif

BellPblk_gaff_NO1Q9-12.0.gif

Just sayin'... oh how far this team has come.

23 hours ago, Leeroy Jenkins PhD said:

Chris Long one-year Patriots deal: $2.375 million $500K signing bonus, $1M gtd total, salary $1.25M ($500K of it fully guaranteed)

Happy that he's finally with a competent franchise...even if said franchise is the Patriots.

Rotoworld...

The Miami Herald's Armando Salguero reports the Dolphins "have had conversations with multiple teams" about trying to acquire a running back.

Miami is exhausting every avenue trying to find a running back after it made no effort to re-sign Lamar Miller, had its offer sheet on C.J. Anderson matched by the Broncos, and struck out on free agent Chris Johnson. Down to Plan D, football czar Mike Tannenbaum has been working the trade phones. No names have been brought to light on who the Dolphins may be looking at, but they definitely want to add a veteran to the mix with Jay Ajayi and a potential draft pick.

7 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Rotoworld...

The Miami Herald's Armando Salguero reports the Dolphins "have had conversations with multiple teams" about trying to acquire a running back.

Miami is exhausting every avenue trying to find a running back after it made no effort to re-sign Lamar Miller, had its offer sheet on C.J. Anderson matched by the Broncos, and struck out on free agent Chris Johnson. Down to Plan D, football czar Mike Tannenbaum has been working the trade phones. No names have been brought to light on who the Dolphins may be looking at, but they definitely want to add a veteran to the mix with Jay Ajayi and a potential draft pick.

What is Stew worth these days? I'd imagine not as much as what he means to our offense. 

3 minutes ago, TylerVagyler said:

What is Stew worth these days? I'd imagine not as much as what he means to our offense. 

Yeah, I can't see that happening unless they offer us something outrageous.

Wonder what the Steelers would take for Williams.

14 minutes ago, TylerVagyler said:

A conditional 6th or 7th given his durability and contract which is obviously nowhere close to what he's worth to us as you said.

2 hours ago, Bartin said:

A conditional 6th or 7th given his durability and contract which is obviously nowhere close to what he's worth to us as you said.

If we get Henry....again, if.....I'm taking a ham sandwich for Stew.  Not sure who would give anything for that.  Looking at over $9.5 million as a cap hit is beyond cringeworthy.  Most don't know that just his increase (from $8+ to $9.5+) cap hit from last year is nearly equal to what we paid JNo last year ($1.5).

2 hours ago, ctrcat said:

If we get Henry....again, if.....I'm taking a ham sandwich for Stew.  Not sure who would give anything for that.  Looking at over $9.5 million as a cap hit is beyond cringeworthy.  Most don't know that just his increase (from $8+ to $9.5+) cap hit from last year is nearly equal to what we paid JNo last year ($1.5).

Eh, well his dead cap is $7.3M, and that doesn't go away if he's traded. The difference between keeping or moving him is really only about  $2.2M. So,  is the $2.2M saved and a (maybe) sixth round pick worth our starting Pro Bowl running back? Don't think it's really worth it. 

I'd part with CAP for a late round pick though, he and Ajayi would be a nice young duo for them. 

Archived