• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Rank 28th in Free Agency Spending

the butch

28. Carolina Panthers

Guaranteed money spent: $3.7 million

Only four teams have spent less in guaranteed money in free agency than the Panthers have. This is no surprise. General manager Dave Gettleman has a reputation for being a bargain shopper in free agency, even when he has money in the bank. He'd prefer spending that money on locking up core players he has drafted. His biggest and best move in free agency was the release and then re-signing of defensive end Charles Johnson, who went from counting $15 million against the 2016 cap before his release to $2,562,500. None of his one-year, $3 million deal is guaranteed. -- David Newton

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/page/32for32x160323/ranking-free-agent-spending-all-32-nfl-teams

Saints, Bucs, and Falcons come in at 15 ($19.9), 7 ($50), and 6 ($53.3), respectively.

5 minutes ago, SCP said:

If you pull your shorts up to your tits, your hands can't find the pockets.

True.

And if you know what you are doing, you don't leave the mixer with the first, uninvited GDI girl that throws up.

Prime sorority girls are ripe for the picking about an hour before the party winds down.

Being a jock back then you wouldn't know nuthin' 'bout dat.  You prolly had your pick.  Us mortals depend on timing.  :)

11 hours ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Dave is just getting started in free agency. Panthers.com has an article that mentions all the coaches will be on vacation starting Thursday. Dave says it's just going to be him in his office for the next 10 days.

I think that him in his "happy place" has more to do with the draft than free agency. I do believe that he is never averse to signing a good value though.

12 hours ago, SIGCHI222 said:

And the point is..............?

I guess I guess the point is that we have a great majority of our team returning and a ton of cap space to sign roll player free agents or extend current players. We have yet to make significant moves in FA yet our team is pretty set w a ton of money to spend. 

As much as I hate the song, I gotta quote it-

"If you're gonna play the game, boy
You gotta learn to play it right

You've got to know when to hold 'em
Know when to fold 'em
Know when to walk away
And know when to run
You never count your money
When you're sittin' at the table
There'll be time enough for counting
When the dealin's done"

As us Panther fans (should) know, Gman learned how to play the game right.

Archived