• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hotels in Charlotte

Liminy

Here in the near future, my lady and I are going to be taking a vacation and we plan on staying in Charlotte for a little bit as she has never been here and I have been away too long and would like to come visit and such. Was wanting to know if anyone could recommend some not too expensive hotels in the area that are nice to stay and aren't disgusting and such. Also if anyone has any favorite restaurants or bars that are worth checking out, your input is welcome as well.

I usually stay in the City Center Marriott, it is probably one of the nicest hotels I've stayed in. Last year I stayed in the City Center Courtyard, it's nice, but not as nice as the regular Marriott, believe it was also a little cheaper.  They are both in the $200ish a night for the rooms with a kingsize bed if I remember correctly. The wife and I like to walk around the corner to Vapiano's for dinner when we stay.

Edit: checked the prices, its a little more than $200/night total at the Courtyard, the Marriott is closer to $300 a night total. So that one won't qualify for your "not too expensive" hotel. They are within a few blocks of each other though, so the money you save on the Courtyard can go towards food and alcohol.

The Marriot at City Center is a nice, clean hotel in a great location.

I would never pay the full price over at the Ritz, but I would recommend hitting up their bar for a late night drink.

I wouldn't recommend ALOFT at epicenter. They give you ear plugs because you can hear the thump of the Epicenter clubs all night.

5 hours ago, Cary Kollins said:

The Marriot at City Center is a nice, clean hotel in a great location.

I would never pay the full price over at the Ritz, but I would recommend hitting up their bar for a late night drink.

I wouldn't recommend ALOFT at epicenter. They give you ear plugs because you can hear the thump of the Epicenter clubs all night.

I second the bar as well. But not the ground level. The upper one is swank. Good bourbon sipping and world problem solving spot.

40 minutes ago, Cary Kollins said:

Dude no, I always wanted to stay there and check it out. And honestly after the Super Bowl sleeping wasn't going to happen anyway. 

Aloft would be perfect if you're partying at epicenter bars all night.

fug starwood properties anyway

Archived