• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Game 7

Sapper

there is a better chance of dave gettleman completing a marathon than charlotte winning game 7..we had our chance to close it last night and everyone besides Kemba choked

also, why would a key to winning be giving deng open looks when he has been on fire this entire series?!?

I see this going one of two ways:

Pessimistic View: We have a hangover effect from Game 6 and come out flat. Miami is hot again and starts hitting their shots. We try to compete but can never pull it close.

Optimistic View: We come out determined and locked in after lousy showing in Game 6. We realize that we played poorly, minus Kemba, and still came close. This gives us hope that we can close the series out if we can get more out of guys like a Lin or Marvin.

I wish I had a better feeling about this.  I can't help but think back to 2001 when we had the series won at home in game 6, gave that game away, and got bounced in game 7 on the road.

I know this isn't that team of course, but I wonder where the mentality of these guys is.  The announcers during game six said it best, that Charlotte would need to bring everything they had to win that game, and couldn't rely on the home court/crowd just carrying them to the win.

Now backs are against the wall, and maybe our inexperienced team will thrive off of that.  Either way, it's the biggest game the Hornets have played in 14 years, so I'll try to enjoy the moment regardless.

Archived