• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Von Miller Officially Gets His Big Deal

Saca312

13 hours ago, Promethean Forerunner said:

Short will be 28 next season. If he thinks he's gonna get that kind of money then Short will be in a different uniform in 2018-19. Sounds good to me. We'll get most of Short's prime but not have to pay him.

Between his age and apparent insistence on getting paid an insane amount of money, he's putting himself in the same position that Norman was in. 

48 minutes ago, Hammerin'Cameron34 said:

He's a rookie he probably will make little to no impact

Sure, because a DT can't possibly be an impact player as a rookie. Never mind names like Suh, Kearse, White, Greene, and Baker. Hell, Aaron Donald had 48 tackles and 9 sacks as a rookie two years ago. 

3 minutes ago, Hammerin'Cameron34 said:

We're a good defensive end away, the proverbial piece away.

But right now we are lacking pass rush, and to make up for that pass rush we went and cut our best secondary player, writing is on the wall

We were 6th in sacks and 5th in Hurries with this group minus a healthy CJ. How is this lacking pass rush? Do you follow the team or just complain about it online for fun?

1 hour ago, KB_fan said:

I think given our DT rotation, he will.  I can see him being a big part of NASCAR packages maximizing speed on 3rd down.  Perhaps his stats won't be off the charts, but just having him on the field with his explosive movement and shiftiness could open up opportunities for others on the Dline.  They can't doubleteam all our guys.

This makes me smile to think of a line up of:

Short - CJ - Ealy - Butler (3rd down package)

Those poor OTs will not be able to match the quickness and strength of Butler/Short while OGs will not be able to handle the inside speed. 

7 hours ago, Kevin Greene said:

Whatever, Broncos are finishing 3rd in their division this year anyway.

Seriously, the AFC West is looking wide open.  KC and OAK could beat out Denver.  I'm leaning towards picking Oakland as something of the surprise team this season.  Think they could win the division. 

Obviously Denver's D, even though they've had turnover, makes it hard to totally count out Denver, but I think it could be a rocky season for them. (pun intended)

Archived