• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

FANdom Challenge..??

bLACKpANTHER

Yea, some of these are way to hard simply because they happened a long time ago.  I'm not going to know the first player cut by the team because I was 8 when the team started.....20 years ago.  I don't think that makes me less of a fan.  I think going back 10 years is sufficient enough.  At the most, stop at the 03 Super Bowl season.  If you've suffered for 12 years since that Super Bowl, you're a fan in my book.

2 minutes ago, Arroz con Panther said:

Yea, some of these are way to hard simply because they happened a long time ago.  I'm not going to know the first player cut by the team because I was 8 when the team started.....20 years ago.  I don't think that makes me less of a fan.  I think going back 10 years is sufficient enough.  At the most, stop at the 03 Super Bowl season.  If you've suffered for 12 years since that Super Bowl, you're a fan in my book.

The only reason you can ask that question is because the guy we cut is SUPER famous. 

7 minutes ago, Arroz con Panther said:

Yea, some of these are way to hard simply because they happened a long time ago.  I'm not going to know the first player cut by the team because I was 8 when the team started.....20 years ago. I don't think that makes me less of a fan.

No of course not. I just posted the questions more as a 'fun fact'.

6 minutes ago, SCMunnerlyn1 said:

The only reason you can ask that question is because the guy we cut is SUPER famous. 

Ok, so I had to look it up.  Never knew that, but it probably explains why I loved him on WCW.  I'm not sure if I would call him "super famous" and I still think that's a question that an 8-year old me wouldn't know unless I had decided to google it randomly one day.

7 minutes ago, Datawire said:

No of course not. I just posted the questions more as a 'fun fact'.

I can't figure out how to post a spoiler, but it was a good question now that I know the answer lol.  Guess I'm done learning today.

6 minutes ago, Arroz con Panther said:

Ok, so I had to look it up.  Never knew that, but it probably explains why I loved him on WCW.  I'm not sure if I would call him "super famous" and I still think that's a question that an 8-year old me wouldn't know unless I had decided to google it randomly one day.

I can't figure out how to post a spoiler, but it was a good question now that I know the answer lol.  Guess I'm done learning today.

Well I guess I should say super famous in the south east where wrestling is followed more heavily. Taking my age group (Born in 92) specifically a ton of people know who he is and a lot of the new fans youll encounter will be between age 16-35 so I guess it wouldn't be too far fetched for them to know. 

I accept all comers because time always tells if they are a fan, or a true bandwagoner. Now I am not so accepting if you tell me that you're a fan but continually threaten to change allegiances when things don't go right, (and I don't care if they ever do), or you threaten to jump ship to other teams just because things always seem to go right for them. Fans are going to stick through it all regardless of whether the team is winning or losing. That being said, with an implicit acceptance already given, I may ask something like:

1. Why are you or do you want to be a Panthers fan?

2. Are you willing to learn a little about the Panthers from time to time---different organizational philosphy, culture, history and fun facts?

3. Will you be in for the long haul,  basically a Panthers fan for life?

So stupid.... who cares as long as your cheering for the Panthers? I've been a fan since day one.  Dad took me to the first game at Ericsson but it's annoying when people in daily life question you about when you became a fan. Or how you don't know all the stats and players blah blah 

17 minutes ago, carolinahiatt said:

So stupid.... who cares as long as your cheering for the Panthers? I've been a fan since day one.  Dad took me to the first game at Ericsson but it's annoying when people in daily life question you about when you became a fan. Or how you don't know all the stats and players blah blah 

I really don't see the problem in asking/answering when you became a fan. That's just regular conversation that may lead to an interesting story. The only way I can see it being a problem is if there are preconceived notions and insecurity on one or both parties because someone is trying to be an asshole. That doesn't generally happen in person.

1) In Superbowl XXXVIII, the Panthers drove down the field to tie the score at 29 with just a few minutes left on the clock.. What game altering play happened next?

2) Who was the first Panther Coach of the Year?

3) After Cam, who was the Panthers highest draft pick?

These are not particularly difficult, but should give an insight into someone's "fandom".

Archived