• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

FANdom Challenge..??

bLACKpANTHER

Those of us that have been on the huddle and fans of the team for quite some time will be running into new people that are just hopping on the bandwagon here pretty soon, if you haven't already.. they will claim that they are real big Panther "Fans" as we will just shake our heads in unison - knowing full well and good that they aren't even approaching the level of Fandom that we possess.. BUT DOES THAT MAKE THEM NOT A FAN?? Does their lack of "Mills, Moose and Delhomme Love" and "Henning, Trgovac and Weinke Hate" make them any less of a fan? What constitutes a true fan in todays day and age..?

So I ask you Huddlers, if someone were to claim that they are a Fan of the Panthers - What are the BARE MINIMUM things a Fan would have to know for you to accept them on your wagon and toss them a beverage?? You can ONLY POST 3 QUESTIONS to ask someone to see if they are a real fan... if they answer all 3 correctly, they become a true Panthers Fan in your book.

Here is an example:
1 - Who is the Panthers all-time leading receiver?
2 - Who was the QB that lead the Panthers to their first SB appearance?
3 - Where does the "Keep Pounding" slogan come from?

If I ask those questions and the person knows the answer to all 3 - they are a more than welcome at any tailgate I throw. But maybe I'm too strict, or maybe I'm to loose.. What are your 3 questions to ask??

Here are the 3 questions I would ask:

1.) What day was the Jerry Richardson statue unveiled?

2.) Do you like Bojangles?

3.) Has the phrase "Put D.A. In!!!" ever come out of your mouth?

If the the person answers yes to question 3, they should be banned FOREVER! *evil laugh*

Mine is tricky because it doesn't appear to be Panther related at all.  Doing so prevents googling Saints or Falcons fans from trying to convert because they will always be douches. 

1. Do you like sweet tea?

2.  Are cargo shorts cool?

3.  What is a sure fire way to win in a job interview 

this is multiple purpose, passing not only would allow you on the Panther bandwagon but on the cool kid bandwagon too

1 hour ago, CRA said:

Mine is tricky because it doesn't appear to be Panther related at all.  Doing so prevents googling Saints or Falcons fans from trying to convert because they will always be douches. 

1. Do you like sweet tea?

2.  Are cargo shorts cool?

3.  What is a sure fire way to win in a job interview 

this is multiple purpose, passing not only would allow you on the Panther bandwagon but on the cool kid bandwagon too

I think I remember that thread, was that the panthers pullover? 

Questions to ask?

Are you too cool to wear a jersey when you watch a game?

Are you a fan of the team or a player?

When did you become a fan?

Any answer would do and you would be welcome no matter what. Your answers would have nothing to do with whether I thought you were a fan or not, but everything to do with if we would hang out together.

Any true fan has been through the disappointments. Ask them to name 5 of their major player disappointments in team history. These are easy to remember for any true fan, and the earliest disappointments they experienced will be more vivid.

1. Tim Biakabatuka injury

2. Sean Gilbert trade

3. Patrick Jeffers injury

4. Jeff Lewis trade

5. Kerry Collins quitting

This list will give you a time frame for when they became a fan.

If they tell you...

1. Kelvin Benjamin injury

2. Greg Hardy exemption list

3. Steve Smith released

4. Antoine Cason signed

5. Josh Norman tag rescinded

Then you know they are a bandwagon fan.

If they can not come up with a top 5 list of disappointments, then stop talking to them and walk the other way. They were probably a Seahawks or Packers fan a few years ago.

362917d4c627d454b91deb1d87d4b2cd35d01456

Eek.  My Panthers' fandom is in serious jeopardy with some of these questions!

I just totally tuned out of football from 1993 - 2010 except for brief sojourns back in the States. (I was in the States in Feb 2004 and watched the Panthers Superbowl that year if it's any help to my fandom cred...)   I now have learned a ton about Panthers' players & history (including reading Phil B's book), but my knowledge about the team prior to 2003 is pretty sparse.

Is there a difference between "recent" fans and bandwagon fans?  I didn't switch allegiances from one team to another.  I had no allegiance from 1993 - 2010.  (I have previously confessed that I was a Skins fan when in grad school and living in the DC area in the glory days of Joe Gibbs from 1987 - 1992.., but having no way to keep up with football news in Africa back in the 90s I just stopped caring about any team.)

I then moved to CLT in 2011 and fell in love with the Panthers shortly thereafter.... 

But enough about me.   My questions:

1) What would you say to anyone who dissed Cam as not being a worthy MVP? (As in what case would you make for his worthiness.... not how badly you would cuss them out!)

2)  Who's your favorite player on the team who no one knows about outside of Charlotte / true Panthers fans... and WHY?

3) How much time per day do you spend scouring the internet for scraps of Panthers new in the offseason?  LOL.

47 minutes ago, KB_fan said:

But enough about me.   My questions:

1) What would you say to anyone who dissed Cam as not being a worthy MVP? (As in what case would you make for his worthiness.... not how badly you would cuss them out!)

2)  Who's your favorite player on the team who no one knows about outside of Charlotte / true Panthers fans... and WHY?

3) How much time per day do you spend scouring the internet for scraps of Panthers new in the offseason?  LOL.

These are really good questions actually :o 

I live in south georgia so I put up with question number 1 a ton. It's a little different for me also because i've never been a big Cam fan but he's starting to grow on me some. And the answer is really simple who means more to their team than the other candidates.For us the answer on offense is Cam running away best record plus Most Valuable Player on best record. 

Number 2 is tough especially with my true favorite gone to Minnesota (hopefully back soon). My answer is gonna be surprising and incredibly boring but JJ Jansen. The man is a model of consistency that everyone should strive for. 

11 minutes ago, SCMunnerlyn1 said:

Number 2 is tough especially with my true favorite gone to Minnesota (hopefully back soon). My answer is gonna be surprising and incredibly boring but JJ Jansen. The man is a model of consistency that everyone should strive for. 

One of my favorites is Avius Capers.... showing up to Panthers training camp tryout on his bike...

Archived