• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kudos to Kaepernick

Wundrbread33

On 9/2/2016 at 5:02 PM, CRA said:

Kap didn't initially take a knee.  That is as I mentioned at least better than sitting 

my biggest issue with Kap is I don't feel he came in with much of a plan and has done stuff sloppy...when you factor in how big of a stage 

so let's say more take a knee....when do you stand up? Never again? 

Real change IMO happens more generationally as waves move up.  

I think he has as well but you see him trying to fix the picture of what he is trying to do. I think with the socks presented initial anger. With initial anger comes the worst words or worst acts. Through time and thought you are more willing to talk things out with less anger. Thats what I see Kap doing. With the socks there was anger behind it. The sitting was what he felt was right but in some eyes it was still wrong though the motive was right. The kneel I feel he doesnt step on toes and still gets the same point across while respecting the military.  He is learning from mistakes and there not really mistakes on his end, but more of people taking what they want from it and turning the agenda into something its not. But he is painting a better picture for people. Everybody refers to cops as pigs, Ive heard that term so many times but it doesnt make him wrong for having socks of it.

I think there can be change in this generation. I do see your point in waves but I think we can make a last impact in this generation to ensure we wont have another generation. I think alot of the past 2 years have back tracked mentally for some, although these things happened the whole time just with media they have been brought to the forefront. 

On 9/2/2016 at 11:10 AM, Wundrbread33 said:

For addressing his critics and getting the message back on track. 

Addressing the media and adjusting his protest (taking a knee) to show more respect speaks volumes.

Perhaps Kap is not really really dumb.

You could make the argument that taking a knee is actually more respectful.  You're in essence genuflecting to the flag.  

Archived