• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PFF Game plan for Panthers

Darth Biscuit

Here's the article direct link...  some interesting observations.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-how-panthers-can-gameplan-for-broncos-olb-von-miller/

They spend a lot of time talking about Remmers, but two things I noticed watching that GIF repeating is:

1) Cam is waiting a LONG time to release the ball (it's the routes)

2) Kalil and Turner also get beat inside by their guys, so had Miller not got there, Cam would have at minimum been rushed to throw it.

Remmers did get beat badly, but with no chip by Tolbert and Miller having at least two steps before Remmers could get to him, he really didn't have a chance.

The main point to me that they make is RUN THE BALL, which I think Zod has pointed out repeatedly.

This is why I think losing 3-4 DE Malik Jackson and ILB Danny Trevathan will hurt the Donkeys more than they care to admit. Running the ball with Stewie not getting hurt early in the game like in February. Against a run defense that took a couple of free agency losses. That'll help a lot slowing down that pass rush

I've been saying this since we lost

• Run the ball. This is an offense built on the run game, but they went away from it too quickly in the Super Bowl when things went south, electing to chase the game and really play into Denver’s hands. Jonathan Stewart and Cam Newton in that game combined for just 18 carries, but those carries gained 4.1 yards per attempt, put a touchdown on the board, and didn’t feature some of the more creative run concepts the Panthers can break out that put stress on the defense.
  • Use the option more. 13 of the 27 run plays the Panthers employed in the Super Bowl involved option mechanics, but only one that involved the threat of an additional pitch man, and that run gained 15 yards. Those plays string out a defense and make them play assignment football, causing rushers like Von Miller to think rather than attack. Carolina needs to use them far more heavily in this game to slow down the Broncos’ attack.

These formations was a KILLER last year (yes I know the 2nd pic is from the previous year). We need that against killer pass rushers. Make them think, instead of using their god given talent

formation2.0.PNG

31P1.png

1 hour ago, ecu88 said:

FUG!!!! Sorry PTSD almost had me throw my cell

I've got 2 Marine sons that suffer from that.  One, pretty bad.  Wonder what makes it different now than in my day?  We just learned to cope.  To make this football related; how many football players suffer form civilian ptsd?

1 hour ago, Darth Biscuit said:

Here's the article direct link...  some interesting observations.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-how-panthers-can-gameplan-for-broncos-olb-von-miller/

They spend a lot of time talking about Remmers, but two things I noticed watching that GIF repeating is:

1) Cam is waiting a LONG time to release the ball (it's the routes)

2) Kalil and Turner also get beat inside by their guys, so had Miller not got there, Cam would have at minimum been rushed to throw it.

Remmers did get beat badly, but with no chip by Tolbert and Miller having at least two steps before Remmers could get to him, he really didn't have a chance.

The main point to me that they make is RUN THE BALL, which I think Zod has pointed out repeatedly.

the guy whipping Kaili was really assigned to Olsen wasn't he?  then Olsen leaked out after waiting for someone to block that never showed. 

Broncos really jumped on that blitz and Olsen declaring as a blocker initially perfect....but the reverse is they also leave themselves exposed when guessing wrong.

7 minutes ago, ThPantherFan said:

I've got 2 Marine sons that suffer from that.  One, pretty bad.  Wonder what makes it different now than in my day?  We just learned to cope.  To make this football related; how many football players suffer form civilian ptsd?

Two of my good friends suffer from it. One marine the other navy :(

The wasteful Iraq War sure messed up a lot of people I know.

I have superb owl ptsd. I was drunk by the end of the 1st quarter........ the ref calls and our game play had me seeing deja vu of the Pat superb owl game

28 minutes ago, CRA said:

the guy whipping Kaili was really assigned to Olsen wasn't he?  then Olsen leaked out after waiting for someone to block that never showed. 

Broncos really jumped on that blitz and Olsen declaring as a blocker initially perfect....but the reverse is they also leave themselves exposed when guessing wrong.

That looks correct... I believe that is Ware #94 at the RDE spot, coming around to his left on Kalil.  Olsen stayed to block but no one was in his area.  Looks like they Broncos definitely had the right D line play called there.

Kubiak stated already that the Denver game plan is to stop the run.  

Did you read that? Stop. The. Run.

so, while we are very good at it and we must attempt it, we are not gonna run the ball to win.  If we try, we will face 3rd and longs with Von licking his retarded chops.

Cams arm and improvisation will be key.

1 minute ago, L-TownCat said:

so, while we are very good at it and we must attempt it, we are not gonna run the ball to win.  If we try, we will face 3rd and longs with Von licking his retarded chops.

I guess you assume they will be successful?

I mean, they may be... but if JStew is healthy and the O line is grading... we can run the ball, especially if they have to account for Cam as a threat to keep it.

2 minutes ago, L-TownCat said:

They might key in on stopping it, but can they? I'd love nothing more than for us to impose our will on the ground. Line up, smash them in the mouth. They know what's coming and they can't stop it. Take some of the arrogance out of that defense. With their interior line being a potential weakness, it's a feasible scenario.

4 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Yeah, play was just too long to develop. Tolbert and Olsen are wide open. Tolbert in particular, if Cam just dumps it quick, it's a nice gain. Also, Olsen stayed to block no one too long and wasn't ready for a dump off (not looking back until further out). That's a play where a quick dump off gets yards every time, but we weren't ready to do that.

Yes, Tolbert was wide open, even tho he would have only gotten a few it would have been a much better outcome obviously, but watch Cam... he hadn't even looked at Tolbert when he got hit.

Archived