• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Josh Norman would have made a huge difference

bLACKpANTHER

I don't wanna hear poo about Norman when a rookie slow white ass Full Back on his first carry went 28 yards for a TD on us on a critical 3rd down.

Our supposed strength looks to be in shambles.. did the KK situation hurt us? contract thoughts instead of game thoughts? dunno but the DL was bullshit but the LBs made all the plays.

5 minutes ago, csx said:

It's time to log off. This gem here is funny.

do you think that Norman wasn't a good tackler? i don't actually give a poo that he's not on the team, i don't agree with the premise of this thread, but Boston was bouncing off of guys left and right.

I don't know man, I'm pretty sure since we play Cover 3 we can put anyone back there and our elite passrush will do the rest. We just picked another DT in the first, and that should keep our pass rush nice and fresh so we can really get after the QB.

24 minutes ago, iamcline said:

I think the huddle should institute a 24 hour ban on all thread creation following a game. Neither of the Denver receivers had more than 50 yards receiving.

The issue from this game was the run defense. Not the pass. Jesus.

Do you think maybe the Panthers would have been able to draft better talent at DE or S if they hadn't used the 2, 3, 4, and 5th round picks to draft defensive backs? I mean what if the Panthers took Cravens in the first, and then looked into better rotational DE's instead of going with Butler, and then going pure need for most of the draft? I like Butler though, so maybe we kept Butler as the pick, but instead traded up for more DE talent.

Keeping Norman would have helped fill holes elsewhere is what I'm trying to say.

25 minutes ago, Snake said:

He really would have stuffed that run for sure. 

Norman was actually pretty useful against the run. Bradberry wasn't horredous, but he missed a couple tackles that let to very big runs. Having said that, what if instead of spending our 2,3,4,5th round picks on CB's we signed Norman (or tagged), and instead went for DE and S?

23 minutes ago, thebigcat said:

Josh Norman would have been great at DE and DT today.... He also would have nailed it being RT

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Why does no one realize that Norman not being on the field this year isn't nearly as big of a factor as the hole he created when leaving. One that we'll probably need another year to correct.

17 minutes ago, Wake said:

Norman was actually pretty useful against the run. Bradberry wasn't horredous, but he missed a couple tackles that let to very big runs. Having said that, what if instead of spending our 2,3,4,5th round picks on CB's we signed Norman (or tagged), and instead went for DE and S?

He's also a rookie... seriously.. a rookie. He got torched a few times tonight, but overall, his play was better than I was expecting from a rookie CB in his first game, against the SB champs on primetime.

Once more.. he's a rookie guys. He'll grow and learn throughout this season. Just like Smitty going stung a bit, eventually most of us got over it, and Norman's exit will eventually be forgotten once the new 24 gets up to speed.

Archived