• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mike Pettine vs Ron Meeks

Jangler

The NY Jets DC vs. The Carolina Panthers DC

Now I am not sure how much of a scheme or system change the Jets are going through from one year to another. But why is the Jets D so much better than ours? First year Coach and first year DC. Has Meeks really brought in such a radically different scheme that it's just that hard to figure out? I understand it's only two games. But what are the reasons?

Jets Ranking #1 8 ppg/ 241.0 ypg/ 3rd down 32%/ 4th down 0%/ TOP 26:02

Panthers #15 33ppg/ 319.0ypg/3rd down 44%/ 4th down 75%/ TOP 31:34

Last years Stats

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?archive=false&conference=null&role=OPP&offensiveStatisticCategory=null&defensiveStatisticCategory=GAME_STATS&season=2008&seasonType=REG&tabSeq=2&qualified=true&Submit=Go

The two teams were pretty close defensively, so what has changed?

My prediction before the season started.... Rex Ryan was bringing it this year.

He said he was bringing his defense with him to New York... So far he has. I love this guys attitude. So much so, that I wish we hired him instead of the Jets.

Yeah, but still, don't forget that three of his starters on defense were on the Ravens last year. That makes a difference.

So you have to wonder, How did they implement their D so fast and make it successful so quickly? Are Rex and Company just better communicators, or are the Panthers a little slow on the uptake?

The Jets are still running the same basic 3-4 defense that they did last year.

I don't buy into the whole "its a new system and scheme" thing with the Panthers. I honestly just don't think it works and I think the players know that. They are just making excuses so they don't call out the coaching staff. Beason said in an interview that he doesn't feel comfortable in the scheme, that he is still thinking too much. I think that this is BS, not that Beason would lie but that no one wants to point fingers. If these guys can't figure this defense out then something isn't right, they have been playing this game for years and they should be able to figure out a simple scheme change.

Archived