• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam getting a concussion was his fault

TheSpecialJuan

16 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

In what world would a defense not hit someone in that situation?

The giff shows it's even less egregious than it was live...why was he stopping? Dood isn't gonna just hold his hand while he walks in...

In an age of real time doesn't matter...it all on the video and the defender should have reacted earlier..

stop-the-world-i-want-to-get-off-quote-1

I have hated seeing Cam take the pounding he has taken this year.  The refs have let teams tee off on him through the first four games; however,  Cam pulled up on the play and the defenser didn't.  Had that been kuechly playing until the whistle blew, trying to stop a two point try by an opposing teams QB, everyone in this forum would be singing kuechlys praise.

1 minute ago, TarHeel69 said:

I have hated seeing Cam take the pounding he has taken this year.  The refs have let teams tee off on him through the first four games; however,  Cam pulled up on the play and the defenser didn't.  Had that been kuechly playing until the whistle blew, trying to stop a two point try by an opposing teams QB, everyone in this forum would be singing kuechlys praise.

Sorry, no, you would be mistaken about that.

Not if Kuechly went for the guys head.  Something (and I'm just going by memory here) I've never seen him do, launching himself at another players head.

Yea it was deliberate who said otherwise?

Almost everything is deliberate on the football field...deliberate legal head shot.

They are going high on Cam and the league isn't doing poo about it and seem to even have it out for the team in regards to officiating. The point is you can't allow that to affect your logical senses and get mad at even regular hard plays that happen. I think it should be even less rules personally not more rules. It's getting way to soft and they don't honestly care about player safety man dont' tell me yall believe that poo.

Once again the team isn't sending any messages or doing anything back..we used to have tough hard nosed players that dont' put upwith poo now we have some pussies because we get rid of all the players with fire and heart. The best response to me would be to have our defense put matt ryans ass on the ground twisted anbroken...thats the fugin NFl to me.

Yea it was deliberate who said otherwise?

Almost everything is deliberate on the football field...deliberate legal head shot.

They are going high on Cam and the league isn't doing poo about it and seem to even have it out for the team in regards to officiating. The point is you can't allow that to affect your logical senses and get mad at even regular hard plays that happen. I think it should be even less rules personally not more rules. It's getting way to soft and they don't honestly care about player safety man dont' tell me yall believe that poo.

Once again the team isn't sending any messages or doing anything back..we used to have tough hard nosed players that dont' put upwith poo now we have some pussies because we get rid of all the players with fire and heart. The best response to me would be to have our defense put matt ryans ass on the ground twisted anbroken...thats the fugin NFl to me.

9 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

And it was posted repeatedly in this forum after the Denver game, straight out of the NFL rule book, that even RUNNERS are supposed to be protected from intentional head shots. 

Doesn't even matter if he's a QB or not, if the defender goes intentionally for the head its supposed to be a damn flag.

The fact that any Carolina fan can see that play and comprehend "perfectly legal, nothing to see here" is beyond astonishing to me.

Yeah, I was one of the ones repeating that rule.  Him being a QB should just ensure him EVEN MORE protection than other positions, and yet it doesn't.  I pointed out in the Denver GDT and all of the headshot threads the week after, what people were talking around was the fact that it is a penalty to hit any ball carrier in the helmet with a helmet, at any moment, in any situation, at any point on the field...  Additionally, launching is a penalty in itself.  Just in that one play, among many others, that dude launched himself AND targeted the head, yet no penalty.

It reminded me of the Saints hit last year at the goal line. Its almost like Cam isn't seeing the guy coming up right from the line. It really looked like he wasn't expecting to be hit. Dion hit him straight in the face and staggered him. 

I think its safe to say Cam has had a concussion since Denver. I think ive heard a few neuro docs say you need more than just a few days rest before you can get hit in the head again.

I want what is best for Cam right now, I know he is a superman and won't say he does not feel like his body can keep playing the next week but poo teams are going to continue to send mad blitz after him.. Its almost like the coaching staff is naive that our O line can handle it. 

Archived