• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

About that popular yahoo article...

Jeremy Igo

I agree personnel isn't the main issue and bashing Gettleman this early in the year is overreacting. There are some fair points to look at, like the lack of depth on the O-Line and failing to upgrade the pass rush, but like you said those players got the Panthers to the Superbowl last year. 

Attitude is the main problem right now. Cam's attitude in particular. A taunting penalty on a meaningless first down at the beginning of the game says it all to me. Regardless of the secondary being atrocious right now, the attitude of your leader and face of the franchise trickles down to the rest of the team. If Cam isn't right, I'm not surprised the rest of the team isn't right either. Sitting him for a game or two might be just what the team needs to turn it around, and to get Cam back in the right state of mind.

The one thing I worry about is when everyone says we are saving the $19M to keep our own players. Although we have several key players we have to retain, at some point, if the answer is not on your roster (regardless of what several coaches say), you have to go outside your organization for help. If we spend the entire $19M on players already on the team, how are we going to improve the OL and DE spot (I don't think secondary will ever be anything special based on our philosopgy)? If we continue to draft where I expect them to, which is the second half of the first round, a legit tackle or DE will NEVER be available. That doesn't happens at those positions. We would have to find someone in FA. Just because we went to the Super Bowl last year with this team doesn't mean we should stay with the same personnel. Players get older and slower and teams adapt to our style. You have to inject new personnel each year to stay competitive. You can't just maintain.

that's a good response to some of the main points that article made.

i agree this team will probably round out and start looking better.  but the big, looming issue, at least for me, is this: where is a pass rush going to come from?  as for the offensive issues i would lay that out as like 75/25 coaching/talent (obviously we have issues at tackle) but you can't coach and scheme an over the hill charles johnson into von miller.

2 minutes ago, The NFL Shield At Midfield said:

that's a good response to some of the main points that article made.

i agree this team will probably round out and start looking better.  but the big, looming issue, at least for me, is this: where is a pass rush going to come from?  as for the offensive issues i would lay that out as like 75/25 coaching/talent (obviously we have issues at tackle) but you can't coach and scheme an over the hill charles johnson into von miller.

We've got a discussion on this in All pro.

You should be there, dude.

Everything he just described here went 17-2 just last season. This claim doesn’t come close to holding up.

LOLZ, what?  Yes the fug it does.  

“Ask other pro personnel evaluators about Oher, who was out with a concussion Sunday. What they tell you is this: He’s a mediocre player who is viewed by the Panthers as serviceable largely because he doesn’t require an elite left tackle salary. He is cost-efficient. Sound familiar? And right tackle Mike Remmers, who filled in for Oher on Sunday? One personnel evaluator told Yahoo Sports on Sunday that Remmers likely wouldn’t be a starting tackle for most other NFL teams.”

Again, this tackle duo went 17-2 last year in an offense that ranked 1st in scoring. Does a 1-3 record now erase that? Hardly.

LOLZ, LOLZ, LOLZ, yes the fug it does.  Remmers is fuging TRASHHHHHHHHHHHH.  He's so fuging bad dude.  Oh my God he is awful.  Oher is average, but we all knew that.  Both these guys are backups at best.  Something needs to be done about this quickly.  

3 hours ago, nctarheel0619 said:

Everything he just described here went 17-2 just last season. This claim doesn’t come close to holding up.

LOLZ, what?  Yes the fug it does.  

“Ask other pro personnel evaluators about Oher, who was out with a concussion Sunday. What they tell you is this: He’s a mediocre player who is viewed by the Panthers as serviceable largely because he doesn’t require an elite left tackle salary. He is cost-efficient. Sound familiar? And right tackle Mike Remmers, who filled in for Oher on Sunday? One personnel evaluator told Yahoo Sports on Sunday that Remmers likely wouldn’t be a starting tackle for most other NFL teams.”

Again, this tackle duo went 17-2 last year in an offense that ranked 1st in scoring. Does a 1-3 record now erase that? Hardly.

LOLZ, LOLZ, LOLZ, yes the fug it does.  Remmers is fuging TRASHHHHHHHHHHHH.  He's so fuging bad dude.  Oh my God he is awful.  Oher is average, but we all knew that.  Both these guys are backups at best.  Something needs to be done about this quickly.  

So the exact same duo didn't go 17-2 last year? 

Just now, Jeremy Igo said:

So the exact same duo didn't go 17-2 last year? 

They got owned when it mattered.  Gettlemen didn't fix a fixable problem.  You can say all that bull poo all you want to.

In the end, we're 4-5 in our last nine fuging games.  Something should've been done, and it hasn't and we look awful.  

My attitude would be bad too if I had to constantly pick myself up off of the ground and I'm forcing my body to play hurt, just saying. That taunting call was meaningless and so not necessary. The defender was in his face, but that's something Cam does. The refs were obviously nitpicking. 

Archived