• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

1-4 start, do something...

Catufb85

so after being a first hand witness to what essentially was a flaming pile of dog poo type of performance that the Panthers players and coaches put on for us last night.  We come to a result of 1-4 about to face off with Brees who has historically picked us apart before we limp into our bye week then still have the likes of facing Cardinals, Raiders, Seahawks, Chiefs, etc.  My only thought now is we probably should start kicking the tires on changes.  We all know Remmers stop a running facet, Tolbert can block worth sh*&, our DEs can't get penetration or pressure, can't stop turning the ball over or committing bonehead penalties, etc. 

Should we be looking for out-of-work players who may have the fire to earn a spot and a pay check.... I mean for instance:

You have free agent Fullbacks available such as Marcel Reece, Derrick Coleman, Will Tukuafu, Tyler Clutts who may want to block bad enough to compete with Tolbert.

You have Tackles out there such as Garry Williams (knows our system) Erick Pears, could have entertained Jake Long (signed with the Vikings)

There maybe players out there wanting to fight.  I just don't see a lot of fight in our guys lately.  Now obviously this isn't going to happen and don't necessarily believe that making over a team in the middle of a season would work but something needs to be done.

We have glaring issues that should be more sensitive to be corrected than it feels our FO and GM are handling.

Rant over. Keep Pounding.

this is on gettleman , he has to make some moves the season is not done yet but it will be done next week if we lose . we got to win out but that wont happen because their is no fire in us . were going to go on a losing streak and win thelast 5 games seen that happen so many times

yeah I agree.  Gettleman's short term brilliant money pinching plan of Oher and Remmers is coming to end I feel.  It worked last year but was overshadowed by the brilliant play of Cam, JStew, Olsen, etc.  I just can't see how a great GM like himself getting a team with a glaring need for Tackles has only drafted 1 which is really panning out and signing Oher and Remmers who essentially would be backups on other teams.  The Norman situation is quickly blowing back in his face as well.  With $19 million in cap space available (some will say that's for KK, Turner, Norwell, etc. for next season) I'm sorry but this is a WIN NOW league.  yes you can establish a great core of guys like the great teams do, but the great teams also find and plug in key FA signings and draft picks into their weakest positions.  Patriots do it every year.  The Steelers do it every year.  The Best teams don't go blow the bank on the most sparkling Tiffany type Free Agent.  But they do address needs and SPEND wisely. 

Its on the Gettleman to open his GettleWallet and make the necessary changes to WIN NOW. 

I've sat in section 504 since 1997.  I can honestly we have a high volume of fair weathers.  We got into the game right at kickoff, took 45 minuets to go through security, and hardly any energy in the stadium. People weren't standing, waving the white toilets they provided, no Keep Pounding chants, etc.  One of the worse primetime atmosphere's I've witnessed in a while. 

If you look back at last year the Panthers got very lucky without Benjamin. This the same team in so many close games last year. Same team taking pictures before the game was over on the side line. Don't know how to act. I am happy to see this fluke ass team getting exposed. Last times the balls don't bounce ur way but good teams still manage wins, this Panthers team is not good. Last year when you guys got beat my falcons I knew that this team wasn't for real. So glad to see this shitty fan base get their ego in check. Keep carrying on losses should be the new theme for you guys. 

10 minutes ago, brandon_87 said:

Anybody else still waiting to go shopping at Tiffanys? This Target poo is getting old

Target would have been an improvement over the load of crap we signed this past offseason.

Trenton Robinson - terrible and cut

Brandon Boykin - didn't even make it to training camp

Gino Gradkowski - the hell was the point of signing a bad backup OL to a 3 year contract

Paul Soliai - absolute garbage, he better be cut when Butler is healthy instead of Love

Mike Tolbert contract - LOL

Michael Oher extension - $7M/year for that turd

Kurt Coleman extension - He's decent but paying him after one good year is dumb and we overpaid for an average player

Charles Johnson contract - sure it was cheap but he is completely done and at best an average backup

That's some dollar store crap.

30 minutes ago, Catufb85 said:

I've sat in section 504 since 1997.  I can honestly we have a high volume of fair weathers.  We got into the game right at kickoff, took 45 minuets to go through security, and hardly any energy in the stadium. People weren't standing, waving the white toilets they provided, no Keep Pounding chants, etc.  One of the worse primetime atmosphere's I've witnessed in a while. 

Not tyryng to take away from anything else you said, but this might be the most apt description of what our team did last night that I have seen yet.

I'm braindead from thinking about what is wrong. I give up trying to have an opinion on it. I'll let the guys making the big bucks worry about it.......although they haven't been able to figure it out after more than 20 years. When the team deserves the fans we will be there. Right now they don't deserve us. 

Archived